Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Malibu LS that I got three months ago, the check engine light was on after the warranty. I took it to O'Riley's and they found three problems with it.
A P0300 (Random - Multiple Misfire Detected), P069E (Fuel Pump Control Module Request Malfunction Indicator Lamp Illumination) and U0284 (No DTC definition found. See service manual. I would get these fixed before I leave, but I just don't have the money to fix them.
Would I be able to make a 1550 mile journey without huge problems, or am I just being too cautious?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2014 Malibu LS that I got three months ago, the check engine light was on after the warranty. I took it to O'Riley's and they found three problems with it.
A P0300 (Random - Multiple Misfire Detected), P069E (Fuel Pump Control Module Request Malfunction Indicator Lamp Illumination) and U0284 (No DTC definition found. See service manual. I would get these fixed before I leave, but I just don't have the money to fix them.
Would I be able to make a 1550 mile journey without huge problems, or am I just being too cautious?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Probably a coil issue on the multiple misfire easy fix take the engine cover off they sit right on top 10mm socket all four coils are around $80-$90 fifteen to 20-minute job youtube it.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
If you can't afford to fix it now you surely will not have the money to break down on the road. The U code is for the grille air shutters. Misfires will kill a catalytic converter if not put it into a limp mode if bad enough.
P069E CHEVROLET Possible Causes

• Faulty Fuel Pump
  • Faulty Fuel Pump Control Module
  • Fuel Pump Control Module harness is open or shorted
  • Fuel Pump Control Module circuit poor electrical connection

Reactions: SilverSport
1 - 3 of 3 Posts