Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well excuse me for posting under multiple forums. I thought maybe by doing so I could get a few replys. Thanks for your lectures . DOACanada your post proves my point! Thank you.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Why are you posting in multiply sections of the site? The car is brand new; an A/C problem is not a super big deal....put you windows down!

I had a purge solenoid go on mine in the first 500 miles....these things happen! Calm down and it will get fixed....Overall quality of this car is still better than competitor's.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Most sites don't like double threads being posted, it's a waste of space.

Just inform your dealer of the issue you are having and see what they do. As far as quality I think you're a little off on your comment. Every manufacturer has problems and not one of them is perfect. Issues come up and have to be dealt with.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
A coworker of mine had her brand new Civic replaced due to some major issues. I can't remember what it was but it was something big, either the engine of the tranny (ofter some persistence on her part honda have her a replacement car).

Things happen.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A coworker of mine had her brand new Civic replaced due to some major issues. I can't remember what it was but it was something big, either the engine of the tranny (ofter some persistence on her part honda have her a replacement car).

Things happen.
I wouldnt know I never owned a Civic and never will , but when you spend the kind of money that you do on todays cars these things as you put it that happen should not happen . Maybe if there was a little better quality control things wouldnt happen.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most sites don't like double threads being posted, it's a waste of space.

Just inform your dealer of the issue you are having and see what they do. As far as quality I think you're a little off on your comment. Every manufacturer has problems and not one of them is perfect. Issues come up and have to be dealt with.
Yes and maybe this is why GM is about to go bankrupt.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
I wouldnt know I never owned a Civic and never will , but when you spend the kind of money that you do on todays cars these things as you put it that happen should not happen . Maybe if there was a little better quality control things wouldnt happen.
Maybe they should not happen, but they do. This is just a fact of life with any brand. That's what warranty is for.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Maybe they should not happen, but they do. This is just a fact of life with any brand. That's what warranty is for.
Yep crappy GM. Just be glad you don't own a Toyota Tundra. Only 2 or 3 years old and the chasis has rust through so bad that the structural integrity is compromised. Let's not forget the numerous Toyota engines that have blow up as well.

I'm sorry, but I'd be happy to know that I'm the only one with an A/C that crapped out and don't have to worry about my engine, tranny, or chasis crapping out on me within a couple of years. You got off easy. You could have had an import. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep crappy GM. Just be glad you don't own a Toyota Tundra. Only 2 or 3 years old and the chasis has rust through so bad that the structural integrity is compromised. Let's not forget the numerous Toyota engines that have blow up as well.

I'm sorry, but I'd be happy to know that I'm the only one with an A/C that crapped out and don't have to worry about my engine, tranny, or chasis crapping out on me within a couple of years. You got off easy. You could have had an import. :)
No my friend I will walk before I would have ever considered buying an import, I wouldnt have any reason to bitch had this been an import. And to the post that says GM is not going bankrupt, you obviously have not heard the or saw the news the past 2 days. It may happen this week.

·
Registered
701 Posts
WOW - Have you ever been involved in quality control before? 100% control is impossible...ALL CARS HAVE PROBLEMS! Doesn't matter if it is an import brand or a domestic brand.

For the record most of these places you a quality control procedure called "Military Sampling" I would encourage you to go and investigate what this means.

If you are that "pissed" about the car take it back...But I would challenge you to do some reading on how GM has been doing in the past few years on their quality. Take a look at Buick about a year or two ago; they ousted Lexus for overall quality longevity.

The reason the manufacturer's give you a warranty is for issues like this! Look at ALL the manufacturer's they ALL give warranties; which means they ALL will have issues.

Calm down; stop being so defensive we are just trying to help calm you down and let you know that these things happen to everyone and every car.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Why are you posting in multiply sections of the site?
My question is that, and then why do they have such an attitude.

Second... it's a 2009. The vehicle is under warranty. Take it to the dealer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.