Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2015 Chevrolet malibu..i changed my battery now my a/c control panel doesn't work no lights r nun

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,434 Posts
Which Malibu is it - LS, LT, LTZ, Premier, Hybrid, Eco, some other trim level or type?

What transmission?

How many miles?

Were any other maintenance or repair events performed at the same time?

How long was the battery disconnected?

I know this doesn't seem intuitive, but were there any warnings on the battery or its cover that said to check the owner's manual for the proper battery replacement process? Some of these newer cars have so much complicated circuitry that changing a battery "the old-fashioned way" can cause issues.

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
4,676 Posts
There are two batteries in the 2015 Malibu. Which one did you change?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,434 Posts
Da One Under da hood..
Did you see the questions I posted above? I asked them so that others will have more info to help you.

I don't appreciate GM making the simple task of changing a battery so stupidly difficult that also runs the risk of damaging so much.

But I guess if you wanna answer a question like you did above, maybe you just really don't want the help. Replacing "da one under da hood" yourself and not following the published process could be the whole issue, and you may have just bought yourself a whole lotta troubles.

To keep this short, if you want help, participate in the process. If you ignore those who try to help, you'll be ignored.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts