Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious about the accent trim in our cars. We purchased our 09, 2LT in September. It has the fake wood accent trim around the radio and along the curve of the dash. I like it, I know its fake wood, but I think it looks nice. While at the dealer recently I looked at a few Bu's on the lot and I didn't see many with this trim, most had a brushed silver for accent trim. I looked in my Canadian 09 brochure and they show pictures of the 4 interior colours and this only one that shows the wood trim is the coco casmire. I could not find any mention of the wood accent in the brouchure so I don't know if it's tied to a option level, or some other option. It could be in the fine print somewhere, but as I said I'm just curious. If you are ordering a Bu, what do you have to do to get the wood trim if you want it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an white 08 ltz with cocoa/cashmere interior and think the wood trim looks great with this combo. I believe the LTZ's with the black/brick interior have the gray trim as do some of the lower models with the gray interior. The LT's with the black interior seem to have the wood trim but it is a lighter version of what is in the LTZ's. It is model and interior color driven as to what trim you get, I dont believe there are options.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Here's the deal, by model. There is no choice on this, your choice is the interior color and then the trim is specific to that.

LS:
-All get the silver trim, no wood, with either the Titanium or Cocoa-Cashmere interior options.

1LT:
-Ebony and Titanium interiors get the silver trim. Cocoa-Cashmere interiors get a medium colored faux wood.

2LT:
-Titanium interiors get the silver trim. Ebony and Cocoa-Cashmere interiors get the medium colored faux wood.

LTZ:
-Ebony/Brick interiors get the silver trim. Cocoa-Cashmere interiors get a unique darker (like cherry) faux wood trim.

Hybrid:
-All get the silver trim, no wood, with either the Titanium or Cocoa-Cashmere interior options (just like the LS).

Can you tell I've been asked that before;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow Beach, that's a great summary. I didn't know there were two different wood accents. I think the faux wood looks great in my 2LT with the ebony interior, the grain reminds me of some of the high end stereo receivers from the 70's, but I'm dating myself somewhat with that statement.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I love the fake medium coloured wood. I was praying mine had that (I couldn't see my car prior to purchase because it was a distant trade between dealerships). I never want a car with the silver trim again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.