Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received this email today. Does anyone know what the heck the key fob access is expiring soon stuff is talking about?

Jerome, keep your services active for up to 5 extra years. You can continue to enjoy the standard connectivity services that make your drive rewarding, efficient and convenient — for free. While your current access to Remote Key Fob is expiring soon, there are many great services that you can still retain for free — see some below!

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
It's about older Chevy's not having access to the key fob access/screen on their phone app. Older Chevys run on the 2G phone network and that is being turned off at the end of the year. My '11 Tahoe is affected along with any Malibu's in those years also.
Also, the phone app has been updated and my Android phone is not compatible anymore with the new app. Need a 9 or higher update for it to work. My phone will not update over 8.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I figured it out. It's actually that my original 5 years free basic onstar account ends next month. Apparently the remote access features in the mychevrolet app are part of that and will also expire. No biggie since this morning is the first time I even accessed the app while researching this. Not gonna miss something I have never needed or used...

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
5,608 Posts
It's about older Chevy's not having access to the key fob access/screen on their phone app. Older Chevys run on the 2G phone network and that is being turned off at the end of the year. My '11 Tahoe is affected along with any Malibu's in those years also.
Also, the phone app has been updated and my Android phone is not compatible anymore with the new app. Need a 9 or higher update for it to work. My phone will not update over 8.
3G is also being retired.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts