Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have any stories about replacing burned out bulbs? I know it's soon yet_but is it the same as those doing HIDs?_The engine bay looks filled up...particularly in the front corners.:confused:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Haha... forgot it...

I gave up when I was putting in my HIDs... Lol I ended up sticking them in the foglights, and now, everytime I drive at night, I get mad because it looks really good, but it is not in the headlights where I wanted. Lol
Sorry... A little rant there.

Anyway, I know they you can not access them from the top, and I believe, from looking and what I have read is that the front bumper must actually come off. Hopefully some other people who have been through this can offer up some insight.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I read Yefeng's postings in the Mods section,"Help with HIDs',before asking this question._ It sounded like a nightmare.___Is it possible you have to pay to have your front fascia removed just to replace a freaking burned out bulb?_How did you get the HIDs in the fogs?

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
You know, removing the front fascia to change bulbs wouldn't be something new to this car, as many others in recent history have been the same. I recall our '00 Chrysler 300M was exactly this way, both for lights and the battery.

For the 'Bu, hmm, maybe there is a short cut...but I haven't dug deep enough into people's posts to find out.

·
Registered
574 Posts
HIDs in the fog lights was pretty simple, just take out about 4 of the pins holding in the fender well, pull it off to the side, and you have a clear access point to the fog lights from there. Just switch them out and push the pins back in.

The headlights... I am still looking at that one :/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.