Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Malibu LT 2.5L Bought it for my daughter’s 1st car
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Chevy Malibu that I bought with a salvage title I was assured all the parts were put back properly but there was a check engine light that was on when I purchased it(from a “friend”). He assured me that it wasn’t a big deal, it would clear itself after driving 100 miles. Not true at all after replacing the sensor on the front side of the motor, I was then given a code for the fuel control module in the trunk on the passenger side. Replaced it. I then got a check engine code for communication loss to the active shooter grill. So I dig into that, only to find no shutter grill. The wiring harness to the shutter grill is missing the connector so I am trying to replace that and I don’t know what the wiring schematic is which order the wire should go in and how many should go there. There are five wires total, a blue wire a black wire with a blue stripe A black wire a violet or purple wire with a white stripe in a gray wire with a black stripe. Inside the shutter solenoid the post are numbered 123 and four with one being at the bottom and for being at the top I need to know what color wires go to what pins.
Inside the shutter solenoid the post are numbered 123 and four with one being at the bottom and for being at the top I need to know what color wires go to what pins. No, this is what I need to complete this job and get this car smog fed so my daughter can have her 1st car back.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,430 Posts
Have you looked into a paid subscription service like All Data DIY dot com? Some members on here have it and really like it. I don't have it yet, but I expect that someday I will.

·
Registered
2013 Malibu LT 2.5L Bought it for my daughter’s 1st car
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you looked into a paid subscription service like All Data DIY dot com? Some members on here have it and really like it. I don't have it yet, but I expect that someday I will.
I have been on such a limited budget that I was hoping someone could take a look at there car and let me know. But, I know everyone has a busy life, so I don’t want to impose. If I don’t hear back from anyone here, I will probably take that route. Thank you for your response. Have a blessed life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts