Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had the part numbers needed for the fog lights themselves and the plastic trim piece that has the hole for the fog lights, I am looking to add OEM foglights to my malibu it is a 2008 LS.
thanx for any help

·
Registered
100 Posts
WORD! I'd like to know also.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sounds like something I might be interested in too.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Think all models should have had the fogs standard...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was wondering if anyone had the part numbers needed for the fog lights themselves and the plastic trim piece that has the hole for the fog lights, I am looking to add OEM foglights to my malibu it is a 2008 LS.
thanx for any help
First off, are you sure that the central trim pieces in the LS/LT bumpers are removable? I thought the front bumper was all one molded piece. (Of course the best method is just to get the LTZ from the start. Sooner or later I might even find the right button to turn on my LTZ fog lights.)

DrD

·
Registered
239 Posts
I don't think it will work. They would put a wiring harness in the car based on the features it has. Your malibu most likely has a different wiring harness and therefore cant hook up to OEM foglights. GM wont pay for extra cable and connectors when they wont be installing foglamps on the car....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think it will work. They would put a wiring harness in the car based on the features it has. Your malibu most likely has a different wiring harness and therefore cant hook up to OEM foglights. GM wont pay for extra cable and connectors when they wont be installing foglamps on the car....
Yeah I know, what I was going to do is just use a relay and use the running lights as the power to trip the relay and pull power from the battery.

·
Registered
100 Posts
"Word!" sounds like someone is kicking old school. Are you gonna break out the cardboard and start break dancing to the Fat Boys or Run DMC?

You know it! I got my Addidas laced and red' ta go!

·
Registered
67 Posts
GM wont pay for extra cable and connectors when they wont be installing foglamps on the car....
That's not entirely true. There are many instances where GM will use a common harness, leaving spare connectors for uninstalled factory options. If the headlights are in close proximity to the fogs, then it's possible that the connectors are there, just unused. I'm not saying that's the case in this instance, but it's not at all uncommon to see this. When vehicle specific harnesses (or parts) are used, then these parts must be sequenced for installation. Sequencing is very time consuming and expensive.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I like the idea of the fog lights!!! In my dads 2001 Silverado it did not come with fog lights but, the dealer sold me a fog light kit (original) that you could just hook up with the existing harness supply power to it from the fuse box inside the hood! It was plug and play!!! I bought the kit for 110 dollars!! After installation I had to take it to the dealer for programming and thats it!!! I had Factory fog lights!!! I hope its the same for the '08 Malibu!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I like the idea of the fog lights!!! In my dads 2001 Silverado it did not come with fog lights but, the dealer sold me a fog light kit (original) that you could just hook up with the existing harness supply power to it from the fuse box inside the hood! It was plug and play!!! I bought the kit for 110 dollars!! After installation I had to take it to the dealer for programming and thats it!!! I had Factory fog lights!!! I hope its the same for the '08 Malibu!!
correct, i did the same thing on my 04 gmc. it even came with directions and the new switch. i don't think this is out yet for the malibu. i've pulled the bumper off and the fog light housing unbolt from the bumper and so does the grills.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
correct, i did the same thing on my 04 gmc. it even came with directions and the new switch. i don't think this is out yet for the malibu. i've pulled the bumper off and the fog light housing unbolt from the bumper and so does the grills.
Did you see a part number on those parts??

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.