Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added the heated mirrors to non LTZ model ? Can we just order new mirrors and get these to work ?

I have notice the the Cnd Saturn Aura XE have this option standard. Can we order these mirrors on just hope that the wiring is present in the Malibu's ?

·
Registered
246 Posts
One of the salesman at the dealership told me that you can't add the heated mirrors because of the wiring. I'm going to find out through someone else i know and see if you can do this to the LS and the LT model.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it would be nice if this a option that we could do. As a mention some Aura's XE have the heated mirrors without the driver-side auto-dimming found on LTZ. Could the wiring harness already be in the door ?

Thanks for looking at this. Hope to find out if we can do it.

George

·
Registered
144 Posts
if the car didnt come with it, then the wiring for it isnt there. theres different harnesses used for the different trim levels. GM isnt going to waste money making wiring harnesses that can handle all accessories, if they arent going to be installed.

if it didnt come from the factory with it = its not going to be plug and play (90% of the time)

·
Registered
493 Posts
if the car didnt come with it, then the wiring for it isnt there. theres different harnesses used for the different trim levels. GM isnt going to waste money making wiring harnesses that can handle all accessories, if they arent going to be installed.

if it didnt come from the factory with it = its not going to be plug and play (90% of the time)
This is true, GM doesn't bother with using the same wiring harness for all models, different trim levels will have extra wiring harnesses for the extra features that have been put on them at the factory and they don't install these extra wiring harnesses in lower trim levels. My dad bought a 07 Avalanche LT but wanted the folding mirror and found out that they can't be swapped onto his since there's no harness for them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You shouldn't shut this out so quick. I've been doing some research after seeing how easy it was to do on my 2008 Xterra. You can buy the heated mirror glass for under $100, and while gm didn't run the wiring for the mirrors and make it stupid easy. They might use the same connector that they use on the LTZ for the defroster so all you would have to do is run the wiring to that connector and bam! That's how easy my xterra was. Does anyone have an alldata account that they could look on and see if the connector has an open slot?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.