Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have 2013 Malibu LT with partial leather seats. I was wanting to make it fully leather with heating and cooling. I talked to Katzkin and they said I have a sensor on the foam part of the passenger seat that controls when the airbag goes on and off. So, I’d have to just go with heating and cooling on the driver side only cause the sempre is elsewhere.

I went to Cheverolet and asked if there was another route I could go to make my goal possible. The parts guy said if I could find a 2014 or 15 seat that already had heating and with all the wires that they could do all the necessary hookups and that would save me some money doing it that way. But if not they’d take my seat about and redesign it which would cost practically another used car.

So, I was wondering if anyone has done something like this before? Or if someone has an idea as to how I could find a seat that would make it work? I’m in the Florida area so if anyone else is that knows I’d appreciate the help.

Sorry for writing a novel. I just wanted to make sure you had all the details to better aid me.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,479 Posts
I've seen videos online where they took a cloth seat, hogged out the foam to put in the air outlets, and added the fans underneath. You might look for those on YT and see if those give you any ideas.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,479 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.