Gent's; Thought I would do something nice for one of r college boys and add keyless entry to his old Malibu/Classic. After looking at YouTube videos, I believed the hype and thought it to b an easy install....baloney! The install took me over two weeks partially because I had to send back not one but two cheap keyless entry kits. The first one did not work because two important output channels....lock and unlock.... were dead. The second one had a rattle inside of the brain box so I took it apart and saw part of the motherboard became dislodged.I don't want any legal trouble so I won't state company names but they were very inexpensive. After this fiasco, I looked for good reviews of the keyless kit's customer service and complete instructions because the cheap kits had neither. I was able to locate an inexpensive but very nice kit that has great customer service and instructions. Even though this is a better kit it was is no easy install. Here's where I ran into trouble....keep in mind I am very average mechanically minded and get in over my head at times. This is what got me pulling my hair out: I don't know why but the car manufactures energize some of the switches and electric actuators using positive or negative triggering. After that finally sunk in, I discovered I had to get a very specific wiring diagram. Googling a wiring diagram for ur car will only get you a general one which might include various years and models....wasting more time. I found a specific wiring diagram but it cost me 20 bucks but by now I was glad to pay it. The next hurdle is where to find the wire that the diagram shows. I got lulled into believing it's easy peazy finding a wire in the bundle next to the kick panel. After pulling the panel I discovered a mind numbing amount of tightly taped wires. After more head scratching and looking at the diagram many more times, I decided my only chance to succeed was to go directly to the body control module. It took me quite awhile to get to that module but after doing so, as suspected, it's output wires were numbered exactly as the diagram represented. By now over two weeks had gone by but I started seeing light at the end of the tunnel. The next....and last....hurdle was the pesky negative trigger actuators and dome light wiring. After a lot more reading I discovered the ONLY way to wire and trigger those devices that r negatively triggered was to add a relay.....more wires more components and most importantly more time. Even though there was a considerable arrangement (mess) of colored wires on the floor of my boy's car, I finally wired all actuators. The fun part was finding a place for all those wires and keyless brain and two relays but I squeezed them in under the front of the carpet. I proudly gave the car to my boy but I'm five pounds lighter and have even less hair. Now for the next project....wiring in a remote starter!