Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 malibu that I just replaced all front end suspension parts on (control arm, inner and outer tie rod ends and sway bar links). I noticed that the rear of the vehicle was sitting extremely low so I purchased coil springs for the rear as well. The driver side tire on the rear also has a camber/toe issue. I'm thinking camber, the top of the tire is leaning inward so I think that means negative camber. Anyway I'm wanting to know how you adjust the camber and toe or if someone thinks there's something else I need to replace?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Negative camber is normal there.....my car has it 2006 3.5 l...... and yes mine squats a bit in the rear aswell......have done all your suspension stuff up front....and struts.... these cars are hard on suspension. ...heck....4000 lbs roughly.

Rear swaybar links go regularly. ... as far as adjusting camber i would cough up the doah and get a 4 wheel alignment.... these cars are actuallypretty intricate. ...and suffisticated.....not somthing to be done in a driveway IMO .... sure if you were doning a vehicle with a solid rear axle.....sure...but not these cars IMO

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Negative camber is normal there.....my car has it 2006 3.5 l...... and yes mine squats a bit in the rear aswell......have done all your suspension stuff up front....and struts.... these cars are hard on suspension. ...heck....4000 lbs roughly.

Rear swaybar links go regularly. ... as far as adjusting camber i would cough up the doah and get a 4 wheel alignment.... these cars are actuallypretty intricate. ...and suffisticated.....not somthing to be done in a driveway IMO .... sure if you were doning a vehicle with a solid rear axle.....sure...but not these cars IMO
Well, I've tore it apart on the driver side rear and I'll be ordering sway bar link, upper control arm and the toe link as well. I'm in a garage lol. I intended to have the alignment done in a shop once I get all the parts relating to the alignment done. When I did the spring honestly after I pit the car down it didn't seem to change anything as far as ride height goes but I've already for the springs so I'll use them. The upper control arm back there once I removed the bolt holding it to the knuckle it moved quite easily left and right. I can get toe links, sway bar links and control arms for both sides for 100 bucks so I figure I might as well run it

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Ahhh good to hear you have acess to a shop like that....cheers. I wish they had a more heavy duty setup.....even as an option to buy after the fact. Mine is definitely squatting in the rear

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'm hopeful that after all this and I tackle the gas gauge not working (fuel pump I'm assuming) it will prove to be a decent car. Havent really got to drive it since I got it. Paid 700 for it, 130k miles. Had to put a new ignition in it right off and a battery. Now the entire suspension. Haven't drove it since I did the suspension components but its highly probable from what I've read that the intermediate steering shaft could be bad as well. Fingers crossed these rear suspension parts take care of it all.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Yup, thee ar som good reads on here for your gas guage....mine doesnt work either....its either full...or switches to empty. Its not the pump..... but if you are there already....might aswell replace it IMO..... along with sending unit (most lilely culprit)...or plug and or wiring right there

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
There was a time when GM would fix your gas gauge for free on some models. I know the 2006 was included. It was a fault with the sending unit on the side of the fuel pump. A TSB, or recall or hidden warranty or something. Might want to call GM directly and complain/ask.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Nothing came up for mine ,or anything in the mail... been 2 or 3 years since my last recall...and busted fuep guage lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.