Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just registered and happy to be a member. :)

Start from the beginning, I purchased the 09 2LT with sunroof & body side molding. Like Malibu a lot (sometimes freaked out when it looks a like old bu from specific angle :p).

I live in Canada and some good & lovely functionalities are not standard like Americans. eg Tire pressure monitor. Also when I purchased the Bu, the dealership doesn't have enough knowledge about 09 Bu. Even the sale person, introduced the pedal adjuster(removed on 09) and 110V power outlet(optional stuff, not a standard)... Whatever.

I spent whole night to test bluetooth functionality when I picked up the car and found out I do not have the bluetooth. That's fine, I figured out it's optional and I did not selected. Fortunately, I got a lot of info form this forum and hoped one day I could install the bluetooth.

And yesterday was the day. I believe anybody who read the forum throughly knows about the front fender paint peeling issue. I put my car into the dealer and asked them install bluetooth also.

What?
Sales person said $247 CDN. ???? It's $150 CDN. And even service advisor said I could choose options like color, b/w and sunvisor clip on. What the hel*? Wait!

I figured out that they have NO IDEA about what their car is available and they tried to install after-market bluetooth. They need to study by themselves. What a shame.

Anyways, I contacted GM customer service and ask them part number. And still waiting. Does any body have experience installing Bluetooth at the dealership or know what the part number is?

I hope this struggling will end shortly. :mad:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I am sorry to hear about your issues, but you'll soon start to find the Malibu one of the most enjoying cars to drive.

I do not know a thing about BlueTooth, but I do know that it is an option for all Malibu models. Why asked for a separate unit and color and what not is just ridiculous; they should know their own product. Are there any GM/Chevy dealers nearby aside from that one? I would go there instead.

·
Registered
66 Posts
"...I believe anybody who read the forum throughly knows about the front fender paint peeling issue..."

Never heard of this issue, could you post some links?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
The Bluetooth is part of the Onstar system, so it comes down to that...to my knowledge, there is no Bluetooth part(s). Rather, it's a program incorporated into the Onstar, and I'm not totally sure what the difference is when it's not there, other than the system being programmed differently.

This is why it's generally just said the Bluetooth is not something addable, except for aftermarket. STILL, as is, your car should have the new Onstar 8.0 system, it's just--I think--an issue of the BT not being "on" in your car, as the steering wheel controls and such are there, just not working. Or there could just be 2 different versions of the Onstar 8.0 as used in this car, one with and one without BT, all together.

It's hard to tell, unless you could get the dealer--although I wouldn't have ovet confidence in them--to contact GM tech directly and get specifics on it all, and what is possible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for giving me the ideas.

I got the phone call from GM Customer Care Center and the lady(she's so lovely, even though she's in my granee's age LOL) told me NO INSTALLABLE Bluetooth module for OnStar. Maybe Beach got the point. One of each with Bluetooth or without. Disappointing.

But I also got quite weired because the lady told me that the Bluetooth option for 09 Malibu can be INSTALLED when the car is in the factory or in the LOT. What is it? Before delivery, even it's in the lot at the dealership, then I could choose the Bluetooth as an option?

Like mentioned before, I think what Beach wrote is quite possible - 2 versions of OnStar but somehow the Bluetooth module for the OnStar 8.0 might be exist and the GM is managing it's availability.

Anyways, the dealership even did not finished the paint peeling issues well. So I'm riding 07 Impala and eagerly missing my 'Bu.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.