Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aftermarket stereo turn signal module?

7K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Joacchim 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just installed a 7" touchscreen JVC unit in my wifes 08 malibu and used the PAC module but the turn signals dont click anymore, so i think i need a special module for them to work and just wanted to know who made it and the part number. Thanks in advance

#4 ·
#6 ·
Re: aftermarket stereo turn signal module?

Hey I'm actually in the process of ordering the parts needed for the aftermarket radio. I'm aware of the whole blinker problem and the relay solution. Where exactly is the relay connected to, I know it's to the wiring harness but which wires. Thanks in advance!

#7 ·

You could also try what I got from Crutchfield.com: Axxess ASWC. Here's a link to that product on their website: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120ASWC/Axxess-ASWC.html

Hope this helps. PS I also installed a JVC (KW-NT3HDT) head unit on my wife's 08 Malibu, using above steering wheel adapter and a GMOS-LAN-04 adapter. I get turn signal and door chimes (very low volume) but cannot get satisfactory volume from the radio. My Malibu has the external amp located in the trunk. Did you have any problem with radio volume from your setup? Thanks.

#8 ·

Previous post is only 2 years old . . .

#9 ·

Yeah, I was hoping he might have some insight into why I can't get volume from my aftermarket radio install. Have determined external amp isn't working (pulled fuse, volume stayed the same). The new head unit is sending a remote output signal that I could measure from the dash (~10.7V) and the amp worked before I pulled the oem radio. Any ideas DrivenDaily?

#10 ·

Unfortunately no, but hopefully someone will happen along and offer some.

#11 ·
Re: Aftermarket stereo turn signal module? - Mystery solved!

Called Crutchfield support and told them radio volume stayed the same when I removed the external amp fuse. They immediately recognized this probably meant I DON'T HAVE AN EXTERNAL AMP! So when I ordered the radio I got the wrong interface. They shipped me the correct one and now everything works fine.

Couldn't explain why there's a fuse where one's not needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.