Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any aftermarket tail lights? I love my 08 Malibu LTZ but I can not stand those tail lights. I call them bubble lights. I am looking for tail lights that are flush with the trunk and not bubbled out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Funny, I was looking for some too today and found nothing but factory replacement ones so any help for us would be great. I was in PA last week and saw some aftermarket ones on a Black 08 or 09 and it looked amazing I wish I could ask where he got them from.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I'd bet that if you Google searched on the factory item #, you may find aftermarket replacements. That would be worth a try.

hth

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. I have been googling for tail lights on and off for two weeks now with obviously no avail. If any comes across any, please post a link if possible. I will do the same.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The only thing I have found is tinted tail light film thats pre cut and available in smoke and dark smoke. Give it some time, if they stick with this body style a few more years there should be parts on the market. If GM closes shop 3rd party accessories and replacement parts for a car that only had a 2 year run wont be very prevalent.

I want some vent visors that mount in the channel with no tape so it doesnt cover up the chrome. I have seen some listed here and there but cant find an actual picture of them on the car or a decent review.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The tail lights are definately my least favorite part. Do you have a link for the lens films?

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
has anyone applied the lens film? on the site it says the malibu is more difficult than most, so i just want to know what im getting myself into

·
Registered
307 Posts
it can be a pain in the ass. just like doing tint....vht makes a tint spray though if you would like to try that route. spray...wet sand...spray (# of coats depends on how dark you want them) then wet sand and clear.....then wet sand

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
I was thinking about getting my headlights/tail lights smoked. Just buy a roll of it at Wal-Mart and try installing it before you buy and TRY to install a quality product.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.