Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the sight, Just purchased a white LT2, Absolutely love it. Took it on a 582 mile trip last week, My trip computer said I averaged 31 mpg. In reality I used 14.3 gallons and traveled 582 miles. My calculation shows much better MPG ???? The quiet ride and steering wheel controls made it a very pleasurable trip.
Although I really like the 17"chrome wheels, I would like to fill the wheel well opening and widen the track, Does any body have input on the maximum tire dia,width along with wheel offset. The std, tire is 225/50/17 and measures 25.86 in dia. The wheel offset is .41mm
I saw a photo of a 2 door proto type version with what appeared to be 19 or 20" wheels with a profile that gave the car a very bold appearence. Open for any input. Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
i got a tech here at the dealership (where i work) thats got one the same color as mine (imperial blue) with some 20" chrome limited 6 spoke wheels, im not into big wheels but they look good. i'll have to take a pic.

the lug pattern is 5x110

i haven't found any wheel i like yet, i'm use to owning trucks, so this car thing is new to me.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
I am new to the sight, Just purchased a white LT2, Absolutely love it. Took it on a 582 mile trip last week, My trip computer said I averaged 31 mpg. In reality I used 14.3 gallons and traveled 582 miles. My calculation shows much better MPG ???? The quiet ride and steering wheel controls made it a very pleasurable trip.
Although I really like the 17"chrome wheels, I would like to fill the wheel well opening and widen the track, Does any body have input on the maximum tire dia,width along with wheel offset. The std, tire is 225/50/17 and measures 25.86 in dia. The wheel offset is .41mm
I saw a photo of a 2 door proto type version with what appeared to be 19 or 20" wheels with a profile that gave the car a very bold appearence. Open for any input. Thanks
As you probably know the LTZ has 18" wheels. There is an E-Bay seller offering a set of the LTZ wheels that are dealer take-offs.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Pizza man - I searched for the wheels on e-bay but can't find them? By any chance do you have an ebay item number. Thanks - Scott

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input, I am also a previous truck owner, I do miss my truck but, don't miss those more than frequent $60.00 fill ups.
I live in So. Bend, IN and went to Tire Rack yep, the big boys you see in Motor Trend, Road and Track. I found the sales rep had absolutely no interest in assisting my research saying "you have to stay with the size that came with your car" stating anything elase would throw the computer off.
I left there went to Discount Tire and the sales rep actually pulled the car in and test fit about three different sizes untill we found a fit. I stayed with the Factory17" 41mm wheels and went to a 255/50/17 tire. 20" wheels are a bit to much but the car can accomidate, (The max offset is 35mm, otherwise you may cause fender damage.)That increased the tire dia. by 1.18" and did exactly what I anticipated. All for less than $600.00. So, If Tire Rack is monitoring, Sorry about your lost sale. I'll try and post before and aft pics. Thanks again for the input.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sorry Scott, I should have done that last night. I'll do a search and post the link for you.
No worries PMan. And hear I thought I was pretty good at ebay searches...not.:eek: Looks like I will have to drop geek from my screen name.

I really like the LTZ wheels and would gladly swap them out in favor of the Engine package/V6, LT2 Wheels.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
No worries PMan. And hear I thought I was pretty good at ebay searches...not.:eek: Looks like I will have to drop geek from my screen name.

I really like the LTZ wheels and would gladly swap them out in favor of the Engine package/V6, LT2 Wheels.
Your seach abilities are just fine Scott, it appears the auction is no longer listed. Hopefully, the auction expired with no buyer and it will be reposted. I listed the wheel search so that E-Bay will notify me when they reappear.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hows it going all. Hey Ptrack, just some info for you. I have the new Malibu and for rid of the stockers for some 20in x 8.0 Dub Dirty Dogs with 225 35zr Neo Gen's. Hope this helps. Ive seen some Malis here in Cali with the SS wheels of the older Malis and Impalas.

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a set of 18" LTZ wheels for sale. They have less than 50 miles on them and I would like to get $800 or best offer for the set. They are in pristine condition and packaged in boxes. They are just the aluminum wheels with no tires. The buyer would also pay the shipping for the items. You can contact me at [email protected].

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.