Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright suh (so).. Like any 19 year old when I get a song stuck in my head I need to listen to it about 140 times for the next 2 weeks.. so I usually almost always have a CD on when there's nothing good on XM..

My question is: When I'm driving.. is there a way to configure the radio to ALWAYS display the song title by default when I'm listening to a CD? Yes I'm aware you can pull up the song information by pressing the 'information' button.. but on my old car I was able to just glance down and see the title.. telling me I'm listening to track 18 doesn't really help me out all that much.. and then I have to go through the horrendous and very time-consuming task of moving my hand all the way to the radio's 'i' button.

Thanks people you're COOL!

Shalom

I'm Catholic

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
I thought that if you press i until you see the name it will stay? Or is it resetting when you switch between CD and XM?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No like I'll press the 'i' button and then the song will display.. but then after like 15-20 seconds it'll go back to displaying Track 18 or w/e track I'm listening to..

When listening to XM though, it by default shows the song name.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Really? I don't normally listen to regular CDs, but on XM is does stay. I usually have it on Artist. I think it's the same way for MP3 Cds as well, but no idea about regualr CDs...I think I listened to a regular CD one time for maybe 3 minutes :)

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the CDs I make are off of iTunes and it doesn't allow it to burn as MP3.. it's like AAC or something random so the only things I can make is Audio CD.. so maybe that's why it default displays the track number? Danke for your assistance, guy.

By the way.. I saw a car from Ontario yesterday in Massachusetts and I just noticed you're from Ontario so haha had to mention that

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Btw, maybe you could find a way to convert them to MP3 like a free program or something. This way you can fit a lot more on one cd.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Btw, maybe you could find a way to convert them to MP3 like a free program or something. This way you can fit a lot more on one cd.
Indeed you can... there are a few ways to do this, but it's not exactly legal considering the iTunes format is protected content, so I'll have to leave it to you to do the Google search to find out how. You could even burn the iTunes CD to an image instead of an actual CD and then rip the tracks from that image using a program like alcohol 120 or other image mounter (takes a software picture of the CD and loads it in a virtual CD drive)to mp3 using any mp3 ripping software. The other methods you'll find are easier.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Alright suh (so).. Like any 19 year old when I get a song stuck in my head I need to listen to it about 140 times for the next 2 weeks..
lol, im 21 and do the same thing. i think this habit can continue into the late 30's. anyhow, answering your question, i dont think there is a way to keep it on the info like you would like it. the radio in my 09 displays the info differently than it does in the 08 models. for example, if i listen to XM and push the 'i' button, it will display the info on the screen like this:

XM| Artist Name
20 | Song Name 4:42PM

thats not the greatest example, but they programmed the radios differently cause in my cousins 08, it wont show it like that.

i dont know if that answered your question or not, but i just wanted to share with you that i will listen to the same song 140+ times for the next 2 weeks too, and its completely normal.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hahaha glad to know, CRM... you know I'm starting to think I should've just gotten the '09... I had the dealer go out of their way to find me an '08 JUST because I liked the side-markers.. I could've had bluetooth and the updated radio!

I should just shoot myself?

·
Registered
144 Posts
OMG! when i got mine, i was SO close to having them find me an 08 like i got JUST FOR THE SIDE MARKERS!!! (and adjustable pedals) thats too funny, cause my aunt and cousin got 08's and im jealous of their side markers, and theyre both like "oh, well i didnt even notice that theyre on there." ahh..

i wanted an 09 cause i wanted bluetooth, but didnt it anyhow, but from what i gather on this forum, it seems to have alot of problems. theres small things that they changed from 08-09. like i have an annoying loud sounding turn signal clicker, and the 08's have a nice somewhat "hushed" sound for the clicker. mine sounds like something out of my grandmas 92 deville.

i can fore-go not having the side markers, but im really regretting not getting adjustable pedals... and the v6.. and sunroof. lol i went cheap when i got mine, i really wanted to get the lt2 or ltz, but i couldnt find the exact one i wanted, and i wanted a lesser payment, and at the time i was driving 120 miles round trip for work so i needed the 4cyl for the mileage - i got the lt1. next time, i will get all the bells and whistles.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha I'm still wicked mad they took off the side-markers... those put the final touch on them.. looking at '09s it just looks like an empty space.. I keep freaking out thinking it's going to be destroyed in my next car crash and they won't be able to replace it..

btw I understand you build Cobalts..

I used to drive one.. good job w/ mine!

Only thing I didn't like was that it was plastic and pretty much blew up from driving into a snowbank

·
Registered
144 Posts
yes, i built the cobalts. i started this past summer when they brought back the third shift, and i love that job, and i want to go back BAD. alot of ppl i talk to that drive a cobalt like them, except the fact that theyre not that stylish compared to the competition. we put alot of pride in them, and it means alot when ppl like you compliment our hard work. one of the hardest things about working for gm was ppl complaining about the cars that we (us on the assembly line) build. theres nothing that we can do about it - we come in and put our parts on, and have no say in anything.

im laid off now, as are alot of my friends from there. we get to go back - when the cruze comes. so, i think its safe to say, i want the cruze here in north america more than most people do!

im watching the GM news conference on tv now, and i think im gonna be sick... so long saturn, its been a nice ride. and wow, 47,000 jobs... :( and 5 plants. going to be worse before it gets better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
TMoney, I don't know about the '08's, but in my wife's '07 Suburban, the radio doesn't read the track info on cd's. With that technology being out for so long, you'd think it would be standard.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.