Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used the a/c for the first time last week on my 08 Malibu and it seems that although it worked that it never came in as cold as I would like it.
I am comparing this temperature to my previous 1998 Malibu and other cars that I have had with a/c.
The temperature knob has to be turned all the way to the coldest mark to get some cold air in and I have the button for the air to be recirculated pushed in. But I don't feel that this is cold enough.
Does anyone else have this problem.
I will be taking the car to the dealer soon to see what they say but I thought I would check with others to see if they have this problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I agree, wroch. It does seem that the a/c does not get as cold in the '08 'Bu as I'm accustomed to in other vehicles. I've just been leaving the recirc. on and fan cranked on 4.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My experience is quite the opposite. I am in Oklahoma and it has been very hot and humid here (highs in the 90's with high humidity). My AC has been great and I haven't even used the recirculation.

In the mornings I usually have to turn the temperature up about 2 or 3 clicks off full cold and the fan is on 1.

After work, temerature all the way cold and fan on 3 cools the car off in about 10-15 minutes. I have never had the fan on 4 (full speed).

Today, I had to go out of town for work so I drove about 300 miles. The only time the fan was not on 1, was when I got in the car this afternoon to drive home. After about 15 minutes, fan back to 1 the rest of the trip.

This was also the case the first week before I tinted the windows.

My AC blows colder than my Ford pickup I traded in and colder than my wife's Mazda Tribute.

I have a 1LT with the 4 cylinder and manual AC.

Chris

·
Registered
178 Posts
It's very cold in my Aura, BUT when it comes on it stinks/smells at first (at times)

You guys have that problem???

·
Registered
167 Posts
June in VT is a wide range of temps. Now my LTZ has the auto-climate control, so I set it to 69 and the heat and the air conditioning perform perfectly. Sometimes I need to go up or down a couple of degrees to either reduce or increase the blower, but I have no problems with the temperature of the air. The only complaint I have about the HVAC system is that the blowers are noisier on high through the windshield ducts then I'd like.

·
Registered
239 Posts
It was 90 degrees here yesterday, and I had the Auto temperature in my LTZ set to 74 degrees and it felt like I was in the artic. I think the A/C works great.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
We had a couple of triple digit days here already and mine works great, I have it set at 70 and couldn't be happier :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Maybe the LTZ's work better because they have the climate control option. I have a
2LT and feel it takes a while for the air to really cool cool the car off. It works but it seems like as far as being ice cold ....not so much. One other thing I need to remind myself of is with South Georgia temps reaching in the low 100's most days what do I really expect?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Are you recycling inside air or using the outside air vent??? just using the inside air I have been able to turn off the AC and it stays cool for a long while :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
i find that it gets cool really fast and if i circulate interior air is gets pretty cold and i actually turn it down a bit.

i have a pretty strong suspicion that tinted windows actually has quite a lot to do with it and that's exactly why i got them. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
It's very cold in my Aura, BUT when it comes on it stinks/smells at first (at times)

You guys have that problem???
mine does the same thing

·
Registered
135 Posts
that's the smell of quality, I assume

;)
i've got some special cleaner that you spray into the vents and it'll go away. its called frigi fresh and made by bg

i think its because of the federal manidate that fesh air has to enter the vehicle at all times, so when it sits outside, bacteria builds up in the fresh air vent.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks bignick, my daughters 4runner has this problem and we were looking for something to help with this. I have ordered it today! Where did you purchase yours?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thanks bignick, my daughters 4runner has this problem and we were looking for something to help with this. I have ordered it today! Where did you purchase yours?
someone gave me a can of it

when you use is, turn the a/c on full blast on recirc, spray the cleaner at the floor board and it'll suck it into the return air. spray for about 8 seconds, get out, leave it running and shut the door for about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i've got some special cleaner that you spray into the vents and it'll go away. its called frigi fresh and made by bg

i think its because of the federal manidate that fesh air has to enter the vehicle at all times, so when it sits outside, bacteria builds up in the fresh air vent.

It was a joke, lol

But will that BG cleaner keep it clean forever....or how long do you have to use it again??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.