Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what the thread size is? The threaded holes (2) are stripped and I want to get some inserts. Thank You!

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
Sooo many views and not an answer to be had. I had no idea my question was such a difficult one to answer. I haven't lost all hope yet. Somebody, somewhere has the information I desire. I just know it. 馃

Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
Something to consider is that a fair percentage of those views are from web crawlers and bots. I know that's a bit of a let-down, but I figure you'd rather know the truth.

I just had an idea that might help. Can you call or stop by a dealership to examine a picture of the part in question? How about a used car or one in the junkyard? You probably already thought of those.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Something to consider is that a fair percentage of those views are from web crawlers and bots. I know that's a bit of a let-down, but I figure you'd rather know the truth.

I just had an idea that might help. Can you call or stop by a dealership to examine a picture of the part in question? How about a used car or one in the junkyard? You probably already thought of those.
I called the service department and the guy acted like I was stupid and told me I could buy a new enclosure. I asked if he had a manual or diagram with the screw size and he said "No!".
Is there something I am missing here?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Well that was fun. I guess I'll come back when I have the rocker arm control valve problem. :alien:

Administrator
I called the service department and the guy acted like I was stupid and told me I could buy a new enclosure. I asked if he had a manual or diagram with the screw size and he said "No!".
Is there something I am missing here?
Well that was fun. I guess I'll come back when I have the rocker arm control valve problem. :alien:
What you're missing is that parts department folks aren't really there to help others find ways to fix things. They're there to order parts, tell ya they're in, and take your money. They don't get brownie points for helping folks.

I used to work in a Ford service department and their parts guys were pretty much like that. You almost had to do the work for them so they would know what part to look up, then when it was wrong, it wasn't their fault.

My only advice would be to use a nutsert and replace as many as you see fit so you'll know which fastener to use.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Customer service is what keeps me coming back. Help me and I'll remember you for parts next time. Treat me like a nobody and FU!

Administrator
I couldn't agree more!

Even if they don't know, can they spend a little effort and help, or do they just prefer to sit there at the window and wait for their next victim?

Elite Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
If near an Ace Hardware (or other local hardware where they have a row of screws) you could pull one of the other screws/bolts and take it in to be measured. They have little guages at Ace to size metric and imperial.

Reactions: SilverSport

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
If near an Ace Hardware (or other local hardware where they have a row of screws) you could pull one of the other screws/bolts and take it in to be measured. They have little guages at Ace to size metric and imperial.
The screws are captured in the housing, I believe. Great idea though, thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts