Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know an easy way to remove the airbag warning labels on the sun visors?

I tried to start to pull them off, but it looked like they were super-glued on to the point I would make a mess.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I used to remove these labels, but it is next to impossible to remove them anymore.
There is another thread started where a member found new labels like a chevy bow tie that covers the airbag labels.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I already posted this in the "What will you do to make your Malibu yours" thread. I covered them up with black and silver Chevy Bowtie stickers. It looked realy good. I went with black and silver cause it matched my interior. They have a bunch of different colors though. Go here www.streamlinedesign.com . Go to automotive and then sun visor covers. Make sure you order the 8.75 x 1 7/8.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks chief, I got the LT flint ones from sunvisorsolutions 2.25 / 9.25
It's not perfect but it's alot better than the yellow sticker of the baby getting hit in the face with an airbag:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im the Quality Director for the company that makes the sunvisors.....Please do not try to remove these labels. They are designed, per Federal requirement, to leave adhesive on the fabric that is impossible to remove. It's the same as trying to remove an iron-on decal from a T-shirt.
Eventually GM will send dealerships a notice to NOT replace your visor if the label is from "peeled" or "falling off". They do not fall off....ever. On average the replacement costs for a visor is between $50-$80.

Thanks
Allen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.