Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum. I have all GM vehicles and am members of those forums. I am stumped by my daughters 2010 Malibu 100,000 miles.

I took it to O'Reilly's to have them check the codes. They said there is a problem with #4 cylinder. Against my advice they took the car to the steeler :mad:. The car runs VERY rough at idle and not so good at high rpm, these are the codes it is trowing:
P0013 - Camshaft Position - Actuator Circuit (Bank 1)
P0300 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0326 - Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Range/Performance (Bank 1 or Single Sensor)
P1174 - Fuel Trim Cylinder Balance Bank 1

The steeler says it may be the timing chain or bad guides. They want $700 just to tear it down to diagnose the problem.

I am a DIY'r and have change multiple timing belts, tranny's etc. I know I can do the work, but not sure where to start and if the timing chain is where to start.
I can kind of see that id the timing chain was off, it could cause these issues.
I have looked these codes up individually in the forum, but can't find them all together.

Thank you for your help.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,936 Posts
Search this forum for camshaft solenoid, actuator, or sensor and see if that helps you along a little further. It sounds like it might be best to start with the actuator replacement, which sounds like it isn't all that hard based on what I've read by other members on here.

If the timing chain was off enough to cause these codes I would tend to think it'd be worse at idle but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
May be a long shot, but were you able to have any success with getting this taken care of? If so, how?

My 2010 Malibu (2LT, 2.4L) has just started giving me three codes, identical or eerily close to your daughter's. P1174, P0014, & P0327.

If you see this and can recall if/how it was taken care of, I'd greatly appreciate it!

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
4,949 Posts
This thread is 3 years old and the person who started it only posted twice and never came back. Don't hold your breath for an answer. You're going to need professional repairs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This thread is 3 years old and the person who started it only posted twice and never came back. Don't hold your breath for an answer. You're going to need professional repairs.

I figured the same thing, as far as a reply not being likely (hence the "may be a long shot"), but it's worth a shot...

If by chance O.P. gets an email and is available to reply, it would be appreciated. However, my car does not (at least yet) have any notable issues at idle or at high rpm. Just the codes and the intermittent Check Engine light.

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
4,949 Posts
It sounds like the timing chains problem to me, and if that's the case the longer you wait, the more expensive it will get.

Reactions: Hazmatt
1 - 6 of 6 Posts