Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my darling wife had a girls weekend away to PA and went shopping...I made but only one small request. Need more Meguiars products; she lovingly obliged and picked me up the following:

1) One bottle of Meguiars Quick Detailer - I love this stuff!!! After a good wash and shammy; I wipe the whole car down with it works beautifully and smells great! LOL

2) One bottle of Meguiars NXT 2.0 Liquid Wax - Have a bottle and it is half empty...wanted to make sure I had good stock! This stuff is simply amazing to work with and really buffs up to a nice shine!

3) Meguiars Clay Bar Kit - (Not the liquid version) This is the first time I will be clay baring the cars...My wife drives a 2005 Pontiac Vibe that really needs a good body cleaning. Hoping the clay bar works as well on her car as I have seen it work on others. Not sure if I will do the Malibu as I keep it pretty clean and there does not appear to be a lot of "stuff" stuck to it.

Now I need to find a place that sells that Meguiars Paste Wax.....I really would like to have this as the first coat on her vibe and and would like to use it on the Malibu in the fall before the rough Canadian Winters. I figured I would than follow up the paste wax with a coat or two of the liquid wax.

I buy the Meguiars NXT 2.0 products in the U.S. as they are cheaper than up here in Canada even with the current exchange rate....Plus I really haven't looked for it in Canada to hard to find the paste wax.

I am hoping to do the cars in the next couple of weeks so once I am done I will post up some pictures for everyone (of both cars if that is okay).

Cheers - DOA

·
Registered
489 Posts
Congrats on the supplies. I know I'm running low on my Zaino supplies. I've been holding off as long as I can before I need to order more. Post pics when you're done. :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Good deal on that :) I need to get a few products myself.. I want to tray the clay bar things.. I noticed some like hard water stains or something on my hood that wont come out so I dont know if its paint or just something on there really good

·
Registered
489 Posts
Good deal on that :) I need to get a few products myself.. I want to tray the clay bar things.. I noticed some like hard water stains or something on my hood that wont come out so I dont know if its paint or just something on there really good
Yeah a clay bar should take the majority of them up.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know CTC has some of their products; I just get frustrated by the Canadian versus U.S. Pricing....My wife told me last night that in the Wal-Mart she was at they had one tin of NXT 2.0 however when she looked in side the cardboard wrap someone had switched out the products for a cheaper version and put the cheaper wrap on the NXT 2.0 stuff. Damn was so close to getting the paste.

Don't plan on doing the cars for a few weeks yet; I am in the middle of what was supposed to be a simple bathroom painting and counter replacement and has turned into installing shut off valves and removing some very old towel bars that were sunk into the wall....Thus this project is taking more time than I thought meaning this weekend I will be working on the bathroom and not the cars. :(

I will definately take before and after pictures for everyone....I know I owe some people on here pics of the malibu also.

I am excited about the clay bar as my wife's vibe really needs a good cleaning here is hoping it comes out nice.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I know CTC has some of their products; I just get frustrated by the Canadian versus U.S. Pricing....My wife told me last night that in the Wal-Mart she was at they had one tin of NXT 2.0 however when she looked in side the cardboard wrap someone had switched out the products for a cheaper version and put the cheaper wrap on the NXT 2.0 stuff. Damn was so close to getting the paste.

Don't plan on doing the cars for a few weeks yet; I am in the middle of what was supposed to be a simple bathroom painting and counter replacement and has turned into installing shut off valves and removing some very old towel bars that were sunk into the wall....Thus this project is taking more time than I thought meaning this weekend I will be working on the bathroom and not the cars. :(

I will definately take before and after pictures for everyone....I know I owe some people on here pics of the malibu also.

I am excited about the clay bar as my wife's vibe really needs a good cleaning here is hoping it comes out nice.
Hey at least you have a project to keep you busy. It's been raining 4 out of 7 days a week here so there's really no point in trying to wash/wax. It's really frustrating. Fortunately I was able to claybar and get two coats of Zaino on the weekend after I bought the car.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just for those that wonder about how much price disparity there is for these products...I checked with my wife what the total bill was....Here is how it shook out (She purchased them in PA)

Canada Pricing (3 Meguiars Products: Liquid Wax, Clay Bar, Detailer) : $82.46 (Including all tax)

U.S. Pricing (3 Meguiars Products: Liquid Wax, Clay Bar, Detailer): $43.00 US (Converted to CDN based on current exchange rate --> $53.75)

Meaning at the end of the day.....

I saved $28.71 - Hell that is enough to buy another bottle of maybe even the paste wax!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just for those that wonder about how much price disparity there is for these products...I checked with my wife what the total bill was....Here is how it shook out (She purchased them in PA)

Canada Pricing (3 Meguiars Products: Liquid Wax, Clay Bar, Detailer) : $82.46 (Including all tax)

U.S. Pricing (3 Meguiars Products: Liquid Wax, Clay Bar, Detailer): $43.00 US (Converted to CDN based on current exchange rate --> $53.75)

Meaning at the end of the day.....

I saved $28.71 - Hell that is enough to buy another bottle of maybe even the paste wax!!!
You just have to love the upcharge on this side of the border! Live too far away to make the trip worthwhile:mad:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Clay bars are amazing. Been claying for some time now, usually Mother's Gold. I've taken off paint overspray on my parents 06 Impala from the hood months later with this clay.

Awesome, Awesome stuff!!! Well worth any price!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.