Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If I end up getting a Malibu, it will likely be the LTZ model with the 4 cylinder engine (provided the test drive shows me the engine has enough power for a car this size). The two colors I'm looking at are amber bronze and sandstone. But it is hard to base anything on the information on the Chevy site without looking in person or seeing pictures of other Malibus in those two colors. Therein lies the dilemma, since very few people have those two colors. I found two member photos here, but neither listed which color they were. So which is which?

The other problem I'm having is finding a 4 cylinder LTZ. I've only seen two on the GM site at dealers within 50 miles of me. I may have to order one. And then that begs the next question as to whether to wait until the 2009 model.

Attachments

·
Registered
795 Posts
Most of the Malibu colors are too hard to decide on by looking on the computer or brochures.
We put a lot of miles on driving to dealers just to look at colors. For that much money we were not comfortable ordering a car without seeing the colors in person.
This this time of year it's a toss up on buying 08 or waiting for a 09. If you plan to order I would probably wait a month or so and order a 09.
You can be the first on the site with a 09 and tell the rest of us that our 08s are old :D

·
Registered
244 Posts
I would say wait for the 09 - all the added goodies make it worth the wait.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Do tell! What goodies?
Bluetooth will be one thing.
I'm just guessing, but I would think the advanced remote start will at least be an option.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I kinda wished that I would have waited but after the first test drive I wanted it!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can someone tell me why ebony/brick goes with gray, but not with red or silver?

I wonder what the price increase will be for the 2009 model, and whether they will continue the $1000 loyalty cash or not.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That would be amazing if the Malibu had Bluetooth, GM would only be a couple of years behind the Japs and not five or six.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If I end up getting a Malibu, it will likely be the LTZ model with the 4 cylinder engine (provided the test drive shows me the engine has enough power for a car this size). The two colors I'm looking at are amber bronze and sandstone. But it is hard to base anything on the information on the Chevy site without looking in person or seeing pictures of other Malibus in those two colors. Therein lies the dilemma, since very few people have those two colors. I found two member photos here, but neither listed which color they were. So which is which?

Can someone tell me why ebony/brick goes with gray, but not with red or silver?
Malibooboo
I have an Amber Bronze 4cyl/6sp LTZ, I waited for over 8wks after putting in the order. By time it came in there were already several other 4cyl/6sp LTZs in the NY/NJ/PA area. If you work closely with your dealer they can request a car from another distant dealer if they have some clout or another similar vehicle to trade with.

Prior to buying I test drove both an amber bronze and a sandstone. I even looked over every external color in person. It is very deceiving to get any good idea of the real colors from any web page or even the printed material. Even the small metal swatches at the dealers don't give you a good idea of the whole car in that color.

My view of the two similar colors you mentioned is this: The sandstone is more of a simple light gold color while the amber bronze is more of a mild tan metallic. I've even been asked if my car color was "Champaign". The amber bronze and the golden pewter colors are a bit odd as they tend to look different under various lighting conditions, hence the question of my Champaign M'bu.

As for the ebony/brick interior, I had sort of an opposite view, I didn't care for that setup at all. I liked the cocoa/cashmere interior and the golden pewter exterior, but for some reason that's another forbidden combination by GM standards. The LTZ in golden pewter can only be had with the ebony/brick leather interior. I don't think that is changing for '09 either.

If you do like the ebony/brick I would recommend looking at the golden pewter exterior. Under different lighting that exterior color seems to change from a silver flake metallic to a light blue metallic, and even has a goldish tint at some angles. In the mid range models the golden pewter can even be had with the titanium interior, which (IMO) is sort of simple a grey on silver set up.

I hope that helps you out a bit.

DrD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.