Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Malibu Maxx 05 owner here, trying to install my JL audio TMA 500.1 Amp and Alpine type R subwoofer. need instructions and mostly a good place to run the power cable from the battery to the trunk. also, how much would a line converter cost if i wanted to keep the factory radio? thanks :)

· Registered
34 Posts
line converter, get it from ebay if your in no rush. I give you more info on routing your wires had i owned an 05. I have an 09. For me i ran my power under plastic door trim. Got the ground from attaching a ring connector to back seat frame. I always have my test light with me to let me know where there is good ground contact in the trunk area.

GL on your install...

· Registered
9 Posts
i just finished running the power wire in my 06 Maxx this past weekend. i drilled through the firewall on the drivers side. in between another wire and what looked to be a vacuum line just above the break pedal. the door trim on the drivers side comes up pretty easily. there is a push tab at the top of the kick panel. The rear plastic quarter panel can be cumbersome. a complete removal would require seatbelt removal, and a few torx screw heads. overall it was pretty easy. i don't like the rca converters, actually hate the factory head unit and it's EQ bullship, so i will be changing that to a single DIN DVD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.