Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys-

I've installed everything and run my amp turn on to the fuse box to the right of the battery. I am having issues finding a fuse to tap that only activates power once the key is turned. I tried the windshield wipers but the amp stayed powered! I found a thread on here about installing a radar detector but that fuse tap used the cabin fuse box. I can re-run the turn on wire to that location, but I thought I would at least ask if anyone knew of a fuse in the engine bay box that would work the exact same. Save me some time! Thanks!

· Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
21,155 Posts
Pop the top of the fuse box and look inside the cover. There you will find what fuses do what. With a simple test light (make one, buy one, or borrow one) you can find what is on with the key off and that will be "Hot At All Times". Then turn the key to Acc and that will be "Hot in Acc". Then turn it to Run and those will be what you're looking for. If you're capable of installing an amp and hooking it up, this should be quite simple for you, or as they say, a walk in the park.

· Registered
119 Posts
Hey Guys-

I've installed everything and run my amp turn on to the fuse box to the right of the battery. I am having issues finding a fuse to tap that only activates power once the key is turned. I tried the windshield wipers but the amp stayed powered! I found a thread on here about installing a radar detector but that fuse tap used the cabin fuse box. I can re-run the turn on wire to that location, but I thought I would at least ask if anyone knew of a fuse in the engine bay box that would work the exact same. Save me some time! Thanks!
The windshield wiper fuse should work. I'm using it as a key on power source for my bluethooth. When you turn the car off, it will continues to work like the radio until you open the door then everything turns off. So you might try that again. I have a 2010, but I would think it the same for the 2009.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.