Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
An Audi, huh ? :)

Check this out...we went out this morning to do some errands. So, we're parking at this small parking lot. There's a guy there, walking about, whistling, waiting for someone, I guess..
So as he passes our car he says "Nice car", I say "thank you", then he goes "what is it, an Audi?". He was on the side so he didn't see the bowtie I guess :) :)

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Isn't it fun? ;)

When my mother first got her Dark Gray 2LT 4-cyl in January, she had people ask if it was an Acura, a BMW, and then overheard my father on the phone saying "no, this new Malibu is built like a Lexus."

Disappointing so many "other" brands are what people consider the ultimate for point of comparison, but still fun to have general folks cross check and confuse your Chevy with them:cool:

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
You know another thing?

Your black 2LT V6 is VERY Audi like, actually, too between the body shape and especially the wheels. Someone who lives across from where I work has a few year old Audi A6 4.2 V8 in black and the factory wheels are almost exactly like those on the 2LT V6. Combine them with the body lines and size, and the comparo is a no brainer. Every time I look at that car, it's what I think, and another reason I love the Malibu look and the wheels.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I must say, it is fun :) It's the first time a stranger made a remark about my car and it's a good way to start.

Well, I really have no problem when those "other" brands are luxury ones. The irony is that those brands are not necceserily better in all aspects than Chevy....the reliability issues of many geman brands come to mind :)

On a side note...When we returned to the lot a guy in a work van parked next to us said that some stuff was stolen from the van. None of the tools though, just s stack of papers like receipts or something. But, get this, the thief dropped a bottle of prescription meds. So, this crime definitely didn't pay :D
I think though that the guy didn't have his driver side window rolled up all the way, so he kinda invited it. This is a pretty sketchy area there....

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah, I can see the resemblance with an Audi...Easy mistake if you looke from the side

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he-he, event the side blinkers are there :) :)

the wheels are amazingly similar indeed.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
he-he, event the side blinkers are there :) :)

the wheels are amazingly similar indeed.
Yes...seeing the same^ car daily, when starting my Malibu shopping, the 2LT V6 again stood out for a clear reason, especially in black. The wheels just do something for it, like an Audi or MB, as does the lack of excess chrome.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Spot on with the Audi!_I still see alot of Mercedes AMG in the rims of the 2LT V6...from a few years back.___Have you noticed that the head lights of the Mal' are shaped pretty much exactly like the new MB C-class?_____Seriously SHARP car,Yury.:cool:

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Spot on with the Audi!_I still see alot of Mercedes AMG in the rims of the 2LT V6...from a few years back.___Have you noticed that the head lights of the Mal' are shaped pretty much exactly like the new MB C-class?_____Seriously SHARP car,Yury.:cool:
thanks, Maliblu :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
When I drove into work after I had gotten my dark gray metallic, my manager said "Damn, they gave you a f*in' Beemer?"

I enjoyed the compliment (as I absolutely love the styling of the new BMW sedans...not the driving or reliability experiences, though).

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
When I drove into work after I had gotten my dark gray metallic, my manager said "Damn, they gave you a f*in' Beemer?"

I enjoyed the compliment (as I absolutely love the styling of the new BMW sedans...not the driving or reliability experiences, though).
Funny you say that. After the news that my G6 was being repurchased, I was chatting with a guy at work about what my replacement was going to be and pulled out the '09 Malibu brochure. Previously when I said Malibu he was unimpressed, but when looking at the brochure said "Damn, that car looks like a Beemer. NICE. Not what I thought."

Similar co-workers, eh;)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts

My daughters car was in the Body shop getting some work done and when I took her to pick it up, the owner saw the Bu' across the street and complimented me on the nice looking Beemer :D:D:D

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
My daughters car was in the Body shop getting some work done and when I took her to pick it up, the owner saw the Bu' across the street and complimented me on the nice looking Beemer :D:D:D
It's a trend, seriously, and not a bad one. I'm fine with a Chevy mistakable for a Beemer, to the uninformed eye.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GM is definitely is definitely improving in the exterior design...Which I can't say about Honda and Toyota. 08 Accord Sedan, new Acura TL are too odd looking for my taste. Camry is just...bland. It left an ok impression at first, but that went away as more of them started to appear on the roads...

·
Registered
237 Posts
For the life of me, I don't see BMW anywhere on this car!_I do see,especially from the side and 3-quarters rear view, VW Phaeton._in part the C-pillars and rear.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
For the life of me, I don't see BMW anywhere on this car!_I do see,especially from the side and 3-quarters rear view, VW Phaeton._in part the C-pillars and rear.
Very much agreed, or even in the same class Passat, but somehow BMW is one brand a lot of people--well, and Audi, among others--seem to associate it with.

It wasn't my first thought either, but elegant curves and detailed trimming seem to elicit a lot of different "like" reactions.

·
Registered
293 Posts
My first impression was quite complicated:

I thought to myself "Okay...GM's Saab division probably is the reasoning behind the styling of the curves, like Audi or something...and the front reminds me of a pissed-off teenager that went to a Ford dealership and just thought the chrome bars were too much, but a good idea. I like the rear end, kind of like a 'vette, kind of not. Wheels could be bigger, but hey, cops won't be looking at this when I'm speeding with Eclipses. They'd look at the tuner kid car before the grandma car."

Seriously, I am that complicated. And until I got m tint put on, I had no attention from cops. No negative ones, though. When I got pulled over for having "A radar detector" (I swapped my radar detector with my dad's TomTom he left in the passenger's seat as we was walking up) I was complimented and the officer even asked me if I had the bow tie and "Malibu" name custom-made to fit the car xD He asked me what it was; apparently my registration was not enough :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Dare I see out-going Acura TL....'side, 3-qrters, and C-pillars'._____New TL looks like a disjointed freak show to me._Shame.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dare I see out-going Acura TL....'side, 3-qrters, and C-pillars'._____New TL looks like a disjointed freak show to me._Shame.
I saw two new TL's on the way home from work today, and all I can say is UGhhhh! Well, I can say more, but will not.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.