Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I downloaded Android Auto to my phone then plugged it into my 2016 Malibu LT. The infotainment screen does not show the icon nor does the car recognize or see Android Auto. I have followed all of the “fixes” for this that I could find online, with no resolution. Anyone with this issue and a resolution. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,676 Posts
Do you have a 2016 Malibu Limited LT or a 2016 Malibu LT? You have posted on the gen8 section which seems to indicate 2016 Limited LT. If unsure, do you have a 2.5L, 1.5T or 2.0T engine?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a 2016 Malibu Limited LT or a 2016 Malibu LT? You have posted on the gen8 section which seems to indicate 2016 Limited LT. If unsure, do you have a 2.5L, 1.5T or 2.0T engine?
I believe I have a Malibu LT. I have a 1.5T engine. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,676 Posts
Ok, moved this one too. Usually, Android auto fails with older versions of Android. It shouldn't, but sometimes it does. Have you manually turned on Bluetooth prior to connecting?

Also do you have the 8" or 7" MyLink? The 7" came with Android Auto from the factory on all 2016 Malibus. The older 8" needed an update about 9 months after launch. If you have the 8, perhaps the previous owner never got the update as very few use Android Auto and CarPlay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts