Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new here and would like to introduce myself. My name is Tom and I currently do not own a Malibu. I am hoping to purchase one within the next couple of months. I have owned many Chey's in my life, currently own a HHR, looking to trade into a Malibu soon.

One of my many questions are in regards to the 4 cylinder model. Does this model produce adequate power of this car? I know, power is relative to the person driving it. I am not a "lead-foot" driver, only looking for a good responsive car.

With my budget, I would not be able to purchase a new V6 Malibu, only a 4 cylinder model. The other option is to look for an '08 model with low mileage and the V6 engine. If I had my choice, I would much prefer the V6 model. This is based on one of my previous cars that I bought brand new in 2005. That was the Impala with the 3800 V6 engine. This car had plenty of power.

Anyway, if any of you have any experience with either the V6 or the 4 cylinder models, I would certainly welcome your opinions, please.

Thank you,

Tom

·
Registered
493 Posts
Well you'll be happier with the V6 over the 4 cyl. My friend who has an 08 with the 4 cyl, seems to think the 4 cyl is under powered for the size of the car. But first impressions are the best, so I'd advise driving both a 4 cyl and a V6 model to see what you think. For most the 4 cyl is enough to pull the weight of the car with occupants. I don't think there's a whole lot of difference in the HP ratings of the 4 cyl compared to the V6.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I feel the 4cyl has adequate power but having a 6 under the hood definately won't hurt. depends on your needs and wants. But my personal experience when people sit in my car for the first time and find out I'm only packing a 4 banger is hilarious, they are in total disbeliefe!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.