Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a dumb question but here it goes. When I lock my 2011 Malibu with the FOB my Anti-Theft Indicator light begins to flash periodically every three seconds.
my questions:
1. It periodically flashing every 3 seconds when locked means the system is armed and working correct?
2. With the light flashing the whole time my car is locked and parked, does it have any significant impact on the battery and draining it over time? Battery isn’t having issues just generally curious.
Appreciate some feedback!

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,949 Posts
CTD - content theft deterrent - will engage automatically after locking the doors with a single press of the keyfob. To arm it immediately, press it twice.

It has no real effect on the battery. I went to Philly, a one-way drive of 750 miles, with a battery rated at 800 CCA, but all it had left was 350 when tested. I never gave a thought to the CTD. I just made sure that anything I had plugged into the aux power outlets was turned off or unplugged. I made it home and then bought a new battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the quick response and glad to hear it has no effect on the battery.
So essentially did Chevy made the CTD Indicator Light periodically flash for however long the car is sitting to deter would-be robbers?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,949 Posts
CTD flashes when enabled. Its rate is enough to alert would-be thieves or vandals who actually understand what a flashing yellow light means.

Those who don't will bear the full brunt of the legal process and possibly a disgruntled owner with CCW.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts