Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 chevy malibu. today the anti theft light came on. when i started it up it cranked over but slowly like it had no power. i drove 15 minutes to work and stopped at the store. i got back in and it started again but very slow. drove not even a mile to work shut the car off..turned it back on and nothing!!!!! every light on the dash came on, check engine, anti theft, service air bag, esc off, traction control off, oil, tire pressure. it wont click over. the dash makes this buzzing noise as well..i tried turning it off and doing it again and still the same thing. then the lights would dim and then there would be no power to it at all. i tied turning key over an letting it sit for 10 mins but the car went into a seizure! it started clicking over and over again, lights all came on then dimmed. i even tried taking the key and putting it in the door turning it counterclockwise then clockwise and counter clock wise again. still nothing, the key remote wont work either..its just the standard remote that locks and unlocks it. it wont even do that!!! there isnt anything under my seat by the wire harness either.. a few days before this started my service air bag light came on as well. someone help please!!! i cant afford to drop $$$$$$ of money on it for someone to tell me this is what it is then it not work!

·
Administrator
16,621 Posts
Sounds a lot like the battery has given it up. Batteries in computerized cars, when they're low or dying, can cause all sorts of weird stuff to happen. Have the battery checked and/or replaced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
fletchar88
Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Chevy Malibu Forum is the best place for owners of the sedan to connect with the community and discuss MPG, mods, and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing