Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my '08 Malibu last April (4-sp./2.4L). Sometimes the shifts are a little jerky...does anyone know if GM has released an update for the transmission?

If memory serves, the six-speed had an update or two in its early days in the Saturn Aura. Wasn't sure if the four-speed has needed the same treatment...

·
Registered
281 Posts
the same thing happens to me when im just crusing and i give it a little gas, it kinda bucks. seems like the Torque conveter clutch circut is acting funky. had this problem when i got A bad T/C in my GTP...............

·
Registered
144 Posts
i was just going to ask the same question tonight, i have the 4cyl 4spd, and mine seems like it holds 3rd gear for a while before going to overdrive, and seems like it lugs a bit before downshifting, and then when it does shift, its a little too much.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Not uncommon, our 2.4L/4-spd has similar sensations at times. Not the frequent rumble and sometimes shudder that we're trying to figure out in my V6/6-spd car, but a slight bit of something. Minor, but something.

That said, there are no updates issued by GM for any of the Malibu powertrains, particularly not the 2.4L/4-spd.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.