Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, coming from Oak Ridge, I was on the interstate going about 75. Being far too slow for my usual speed, it was because I was just leaning back and enjoying some music. I notice a pair of headlights which for some reason put "Malibu" in my head but did not think much of it since there are very few around here (I think I have seen only two others in the past four months driving into Knoxville).

As a pewter LT wizzed by me, I got excited. I turned off the cruise control and sped up to him, and we cruised at around 85 well into Knoxville and he turned off at the Asheville exit (non-locals...this is going over your head). What I'm curious is that I could have sworn the man driving waved at me as he turned off of the interstate...so, anyone here take that route two days ago?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I bet the dickhead really flicked you off, no offense.

But I show no love to drivers on the road cause they be on some slick shit.

I be like >=D and they be like ._. timid as motherfuckers.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Was on I-5 this weekend going to the Bay area and was passed by an LS Bu', had the cruise set at 75 and they passed me at a good clip, had that 4 banger singing :D

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have only seen one of two others around town, There is a silver one here at work thats been wrecked in the back drivers side door area.. Its been that way a while and starting is rusting over >.<

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately, I do not have full coverage or any fluid cash, so if my baby got hurt I would hope to the Lord that the one that hit me will cover me (since I am very defensive...unless on the interstate :D)

I do not think he flipped me off, very open-palmed like he was saying "Nice seeing yea" or something.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Unfortunately, I do not have full coverage or any fluid cash, .
Be careful, there are a lot of people with no insurance on the roads, even in states that require it by law.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tennessee actually has the highest rate of uninsured drivers, though you can be arrested for reckless driving if you're caught.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Oh that was me who flew past you and I was flipping you off for having the nerve to speed up to me :p

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, with that, I must say I have a defense mechanism on my Malibu.

I have a small piece of draw string running under my car up to my floor board where I drilled a hole (Voids warranty, but they don't notice it). It is connected to a very fragile piece of plastic bagging which contains metal shards, glass, and other hazardous road obstacles. Once pulled, the bag rips, and all of the debris fly onto the unsuspecting driver behind me.

It also releases a piece of chrome which drops to cover up my license plate, so no tracking me!

Quite inventive, if you ask me. That'll teach those cops not to follow too closely!

·
Registered
512 Posts
It may have just been a friendly wave to a fellow Malibu owner. I get that a lot from other Chevy and GMC drivers around here.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have tried to wave some Malibu drivers here in Cookeville (where I live), and most are either mothers or old ladies, and neither are pleased to see a kid waving at them. Especially since I look a lot younger than I am 0_0 Some ask me if I even have a driver's license sometimes, and a cop actually asked for a second ID xD

·
Registered
749 Posts
This reminds me of when I had my cobalt one time.. I had the sedan SS and out of nowhere one time another same coloured cobalt sedan SS pulled up behind me and like followed me for 30 minutes and was copying me.. I would turn on the windshield washers and he would turn on his. I would change a lane and he would change his... it was so funny I was laughing out loud at a stop light and people next to me probably thought I looked so stupid laughing at myself. You should've copied him/her LOL

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did wave back and kept up with him. We had a convoy-esque thing going on for a good 24 miles of cruising, weaving by slower people in the fast lane and the two of us making very close maneuvers in between a slow car in the slow lane and a car in the fast lane slightly behind it.

I love that of driving...it is enjoying :D Especially in the Malibu, since the ride is so smooth, you feel like you are floating on a fat angel's bulbous belly.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Well, with that, I must say I have a defense mechanism on my Malibu.

I have a small piece of draw string running under my car up to my floor board where I drilled a hole (Voids warranty, but they don't notice it). It is connected to a very fragile piece of plastic bagging which contains metal shards, glass, and other hazardous road obstacles. Once pulled, the bag rips, and all of the debris fly onto the unsuspecting driver behind me.

It also releases a piece of chrome which drops to cover up my license plate, so no tracking me!

Quite inventive, if you ask me. That'll teach those cops not to follow too closely!
LOL:cool::cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.