Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got fed up with paying $10 in gas to get to work, and then an additional $4-$6 to park everyday. The last couple of days, I've been taking the the bus to and from work. Takes me a little longer but only runs me $3.25 round trip.

It's nice to be able to save up to $60 per week in gas and parking. Plus then I keep my nice new LTZ out of the crime ridden downtown Detroit.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hmm...Car choice (A) is a 2003 GMC Envoy with a 4.2L Vortec 4200 Inline-6...19 MPG...
Car choice (B) is a 1998 GMC Sonoma SLS Ext. Cab with a 4.3L Vortec 4300 V6...lucky to get 15 MPG...

And then we have the '07 Malibu, 30.8 MPG.

With my choices, I'm taking the Malibu out of the garage more than ever!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Buckey, I used to work in Detroit and had my Cadillac CTS out parked everyday and it never got toiled with. I'm sure you're working in the same area I was so I think you'd be fine.

I asked you before but you never told me (IIRC) but you care to tell me what city you live in?

·
Registered
421 Posts
No bus lines in the rural area where I live, and since I also have a 4200 I-6 Trailblazer as my alternate choice, my LTZ gets driven most of the time. But I have to admit, paying less than the cost of a single gallon of gas per day sure sounds great.

·
Registered
39 Posts
We live in eastern Iowa. Getting to work for us is unusually simple. I drive my 02 Trailblazer LTZ only 18 miles round trip west to another small town, about 1 gallon of gas, mostly 4 lane highway. My wife drives the new malibu but is only 4 miles round trip from her workplace. A tank of gas lasts her about 2 weeks. No parking or traffic issues, so our commute is not like the bigger cities.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got fed up with paying $10 in gas to get to work, and then an additional $4-$6 to park everyday. The last couple of days, I've been taking the the bus to and from work. Takes me a little longer but only runs me $3.25 round trip.

It's nice to be able to save up to $60 per week in gas and parking. Plus then I keep my nice new LTZ out of the crime ridden downtown Detroit.

The price of gas is the reason I bought the Malibu in the first place,I drive it everyday.:D

·
Registered
64 Posts

What bus do you take downtown? I work downtown and have to drive everyday. All the SMART bus schedules would make my day so much longer.

I usually carpool with my buddy who works at the Ren Cen across the street from me so that helps out

·
Registered
201 Posts
What bus do you take downtown? I work downtown and have to drive everyday. All the SMART bus schedules would make my day so much longer.

I usually carpool with my buddy who works at the Ren Cen across the street from me so that helps out

I used to work at the holiday inn on mich. ave. and washington and I parked all the time with no problems

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

The 530 or 510. Picks right up at lakeside mall. One goes down Van Dyke, the other down Schoenerr.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
The Malibu is the better of my vehicles, but it hardly gets used. Owned her since Mid-January and only 2600 miles. :(

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
The LTZ is our weekend ride, My work is a 5min drive in my 83 Silverado and about 10 min's for my wife in her 2000 Blazer :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.