Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to customize my ride a bit more, but there are like 0 accessories other than the GM ones. I'd love a rubber trunk mat, I'd like some angel eye headlights, I'd like a PAL cable for my Ipod.

Sadly, this car is so friggin new that theres nothing out for it yet :(

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm not disappointed.....yet. ;)

I went through this on the last three vehicles I've owned, because they were all brand new models. One of the ways you can get third party suppliers to make accessories is to show that you have a strong "fan club" of the vehicle.

When I bought my Chevy Avalanche in 2002, there was nothing for the vehicle because it was so new and very little for the standard Silverado pickup fit the Avalanche. So a Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America website was established and it blossomed into a huge club that attracted a lot of companies, who in turn made accessories for the Avalanche. Within a few months there were all kinds of things available for the vehicle.

Hopefully this website can do the same thing for the Malibu.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I too figure the car is new, this is the first year of this style, and it will probably take a while before products start showing up. Also its probably like most things the more popular the product becomes the more likely someone is to invest the resources in creating stuff for it.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
So a Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America website was established and it blossomed into a huge club that attracted a lot of companies, who in turn made accessories for the Avalanche.

Hopefully this website can do the same thing for the Malibu.
I hoping for the same, Doug. I belong to a Ridgeline Forum and the same thing happened. Now they have tons of sponsors and advertisers and they all offer discounts to Forum members.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'd like to customize my ride a bit more, but there are like 0 accessories other than the GM ones. I'd love a rubber trunk mat, I'd like some angel eye headlights, I'd like a PAL cable for my Ipod.

Sadly, this car is so friggin new that theres nothing out for it yet :(
Give it time. As more and more Malibus/Auras sell (as is sounds like they are), more and more companies will produce products.

FWIW, some companies still are looking for development cars. Chances are if you offer up, you'll end up with a free product. That's a fairly common practice. Check with whatever company you are waiting on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a cousin that works at a Chevy dealership in the parts department and i was complaining about them not having alot of accessories for the Malibu and he said that they are on the way.... So i guess we will see...

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
^ Yea, give it a few months... I'm looking for rain guards from weathertech...any day now.....
I just received this e-mail from WeatherTech concerning their side window deflectors:

Thank you for your interest in MacNeil Automotive.

The engineering staff has told me that there is a possibility that the parts we
are developing for the Saturn Aura will also fit the new Malibu. If this is the
case, we should have the deflectors available to ship in August or September.

Feel free to fill out the Product Request Form found in the Customer Service
section of our website and we will be able to contact you when the parts are
approved. In the meantime, please call us if you have further questions and we
will be happy to assist you.

Best regards,

Derek
MacNeil Automotive

·
Registered
74 Posts
Some of the Saturn Aura accessories should fit, right? Like Chrome mirrors?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.