Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05, everytime we get out and grab the door to close it, we get a shock. Any ideas, is this common?

·
Registered
66 Posts
With cloth seats and low humidity, it's a problem. It seems to be caused when you slide across the seat to get out of the car. It causes a static electricity charge to be generated. There is much written on it if you do a google search. I solved it by only buying cars with leather seats then it's no problem.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Yeah, it's common and quite annoying. Perhaps you can try installing one of those anti static strips....

I am glad it doesn't happen in my By with ultralux interior.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yep! I hate that when I get zapped. My old car had cloth seats and floormats. What I did was mix some fabric softener with water in a small spray bottle and spray the seats and floor mats. This works great for eliminating the static electricity! I spray about every 3 weeks or so. Since part of my seats are leather in my new bu, I use a damp cloth that was dipped in solution of the fabric softener to wipe around the leather, and on my floormats. You can also use a fabric dryer sheet that is wetted down too, but doesn't work as well in my opinion.

I spray my furniture and carpet areas in my house in the winter time too, with the fabric softner and water solution to prevent getting zapped. :)

I just thought I would add that I use unscented fabric softner because I don't like the scented ones.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Used to happen all the time with my '07.

I thought the car just hated me. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.