Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone tell me who replaced this part how time consuming it is? The clicking noise is on the passenger side. A few people tell me that it can be replaced in an hour but since 2011 Malibu I would like to know exactly what this involves. Thanks

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,638 Posts
Before replacing it, what part is it?

On the passenger side there is a charcoal canister purge valve. It works by clicking open and closed regularly. If that is the part you want to replace, you could be replacing a perfectly good part, which is why knowing for us would be a good thing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Before replacing it, what part is it?

On the passenger side there is a charcoal canister purge valve. It works by clicking open and closed regularly. If that is the part you want to replace, you could be replacing a perfectly good part, which is why knowing for us would be a good thing.
Thanks it deals with the recirculation air. If I press the switch on the top left the clicking stops. Think it is called the blend door actuator.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,638 Posts
Oh, inside the cabin! I was out under the hood.

Blend door actuator can click if the gears are stripped or there is something blocking its movement, which could end up stripping the gears.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts