Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

Was looking closely at our 2 day old '09 LTZ V6 and I noticed that when I look down the sides of the car, the front door sheetmetal doesn't seem 'perfect'. I notice a few waves, moreso on the passenger side. I know some cars come like this from the factory, it just has to do with how the metal is stamped and how thick the steel is. Anyone else notice this? Wondering it that's just how it is, or if the car had some dents on delivery and they had to use paintless dent repair and it didn't quite come perfect. Our car is silver - I think it'd be more noticeable on a dark color. I'm a stickler for a straight car. My '99 SAAB is virtually ding-free. Can you guys check your cars out and let me know if you have the same thing? You need to stand near the rear, like a 3/4 view. Get on your knees, and move around so you can watch the reflection move along the panels. It helps to have something next to the car so there is a good reflection.

thanks!!!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Here is mine.. I took a pic this morning..

My sides are fine but I noticed my front bumper around the edge of the hood is different from our other one.. My hood doesnt quit line up and is sunk in a little bit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey man...thanks for the pic...it's hard to tell from that angle though. I think it would actually be hard to tell in any pic. They key is, you have to move your head around to see how the reflection moves and if it distorts.

I went out and looked again, and to be more exact, it is passenger side front door, kinda below the side view mirror. Not a dent so much as a wave. Like a dent was fixed there, or someone just leaned on it a bit. That, or just a minor imperfection on how the door metal it stamped.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I didnt notice it on mine, I had looked around it on all sides, The only thing I noticed I mentioned, where my hood doesnt line up with the front clip but other than that everything is smooth that I can see

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.