Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Why no glove box lock? I like to stuff a loaded gun in my glove box.

19K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  palema 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Unless you're keeping your social security number, your bank account number, your passport, and all your credit cards in your glove box, it's not a problem. And like pwinskey said, if someone's going to steal your Malibu, they're not going to worry about the lock, they'll just bust it open using a good old crowbar.

#10 ·
Anyone remember back in the day when you used to get a valet key with your car? I personally on occassion have locked my glove box....for example you are going for dinner and your throw your digital camera or something of some value in it and lock it up. Or you are at the beach and wish to lock the glove box.

I guess all in all it is not a super big deal but I would I have to agree it is a little annoying that the glove box does not lock.

#15 ·
Interesting opinions....Being Canadian this is something we never think about being that it is illegal to carry firearms with you at anytime (mostly but there are some extenuating circumstances) the general population does not have this ability.

#16 ·
I'd rather have the fuel access to the gas cap be secured, released from inside the 'bu....If I was going to purchase a locking gas cap...has anyone pursued that and any suggestions on brand/model?

#21 ·
Speaking of the access to the gas cap. How does one open the fuel filler door? I have looked at Malibus on the dealer lots and I don't know how you would open the filler door if there is not a release inside. I own a '98 Honda Accord and that's one feature I like about the Japanese brands - inside release of the fuel filler door. Also, I'm nitpicky - anyone else rather have the fuel filler door on the driver's side instead? If GM is to compete with Japanese brands they need to match on ALL the convenience features and then some.

#19 ·
I graduated in 93 and we weren’t thought gun safety in school. However, I had several teachers that were hunters and one had deer antlers displayed in the classroom and another, a history teacher, actually brought his hunting bow to class during hunting season.

Another interesting thing was when my older brother, who graduated in 88, was in high school it was common to see rifles and shotguns in rear windows of students and teachers trucks in the parking lot. By the time I got to high school in 90 they had put a stop to having guns on school propriety.

#25 ·
I've always thought that it had something to do with global platform sharing. My 05 GTO had the fuel filler on the passenger side and down under it would be on the driverside. Not sure but maybe there are some reglations in the right drive countries that we don't have and it's just easier to put the fuel cap on that side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.