Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm tempted but not sure, I really like the way my car feels the way it is. And tires for 16's are so much cheaper than 18's. Heck, I'm in florida and could even go pick them up to save the shipping.....grr.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
The recommended tire pressure for the 18" LTZ wheel is 30 psi, front and rear. How about on the 16"? Are the TPMS units from the 16" compatible to the 18"? Will the buyer not be able to transfer the TPMS units from the 16" to the 18" and need to buy new units?

·
Registered
67 Posts
The recommended tire pressure for the 18" LTZ wheel is 30 psi, front and rear. How about on the 16"? Are the TPMS units from the 16" compatible to the 18"? Will the buyer not be able to transfer the TPMS units from the 16" to the 18" and need to buy new units?
TPMS are coded to the vehicle, not the tire/wheel. They can be transferred to any tire. The monitor is actually a wireless transmitter that's connected to your valvestem (obviously on the inside of the tire). We started putting them on the Saab 9-7x's a year before GM mandated them on all new vehicles.

·
Registered
67 Posts
GM also recommends 30PSI F/R on the 16" wheels. I assume the 17" are the same.

·
Registered
701 Posts
..................I am running 32 PSI, (which rises to 34 hot) which takes away some of the understeer in corners...............

I was gonna say, I am suprised at 30 PSI, even for some of the larger sizes. I would think 32 will still be your safest bet.

·
Registered
178 Posts
If ANYONE wants to sell their stock LTZ rims or is thinking about selling them (& getting new rims).....I'm looking for a set ASAP!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.