Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the new cars coming on the market especially those claiming awesome gas mileage (40's and up) I thought it would be interesting to see if anyone would consider buying another car other than the Malibu. No I am not a "trader" I was just putting it out there to see what you all thought. If you had to buy something else what would it be?

·
Registered
95 Posts
IF I could afford the gas I'd buy a 2008-9 Chevy Avalanche. If money were no option I'd have a porsche 911 turbo carrera.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with the 911 turbo carrera or a 600 series BMW!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Realistically....for me I would look at Mazada's or Ford's....Still can't bring myself to drive a Honda or Toyota....However if money were no option or I didn't worry about gas....It would the new GMC Yukon Hybrid.....Have always really liked these.

·
Registered
240 Posts
If gas were still reasonable I'd be driving an 08 LTZ Avalanche. That is a nice truck. But with the Malibu LTZ I got all the features (but not the utility)paid about 12K less and get pretty good fuel economy.

As for other makes I like:
Dodge Charger SRT8 and R/T
Nissan Altima and Maxima
Pontiac G8
Solstice
GMC Acadia
Buick Enclave
and the Ford Fusion

I absolutely hate Toyota and Honda.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would be interested in owning a Malibu Hybrid, perhaps a 2010 model (assuming there would be 'advances' in battery technology by then).

·
Registered
73 Posts
The all new version of the Mazda6 is an awesome machine too....but it wasnt going to be out until later this year so I ordered an 09 bu.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Oh, I forgot about the Fusion I looked at and drove....its very nice and that new SYNC for the phone etc is likely the best Microsoft product I have ever seen. I was going to get it until I heard the new 09 bu has going to have some type of Bluetooth.

But they will all have to go quite a ways to beat the Ford SYNC set up.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Has anyone seen the new Maxima? It is really nice. Big price but nice!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes, I looked sat the new Maxima , and they are really nice. Had a black one on the lot with some chrome wheels. Really popped.

But the still use the CVT type transmission. Dont much care for the Continious Variable Transmission.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yes, I looked sat the new Maxima , and they are really nice. Had a black one on the lot with some chrome wheels. Really popped.

But the still use the CVT type transmission. Dont much care for the Continious Variable Transmission.
I'm with you on the CVT transmission but I have a co-worker with a Morano (i think that what it's called)and raves about the CVT.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Dodge Sprinter 2500 PASSENGER VAN [Extended Length]
5 Cylinder Turbo Diesel. 5 spd Auto.

·
Registered
326 Posts
With all the new cars coming on the market especially those claiming awesome gas mileage (40's and up) I thought it would be interesting to see if anyone would consider buying another car other than the Malibu. No I am not a "trader" I was just putting it out there to see what you all thought. If you had to buy something else what would it be?
did you mean traitor? :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Planning on replacing either the Sonoma or Envoy in the near future...gas is starting to kill my wallet. I'll probably get a GMC Terrain or Chevy Traverse in 2011 or so. Or if I get rid of the Sonoma, I'll get a GMC Canyon or Sierra 1500 Ext. Cab. Hopefully the 4.5L Duramax will be available then.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes I did mean traitor. Brain not working like in the old days!! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.