Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,762 Posts
Excellent idea!

I got mine 2 days ago. It shipped with version 2.39 and I attempted to update it several times. Finally, this morning I succeeded and it now has 2.58 and can do the deep scans.

It revealed an SAS (steering angle sensor) fault that it didn't using version 2.39, so that's already better than my old 'vanilla' version I was using with Torque Pro. It actually lists it under "Anti-Lock Brake System" codes and shows it as C0710. It says it's rare on a 2011 with hydraulic PS. Mine has the 3.6L V6. The L4 got EPS. It offers up that the reported fixes are the SAS itself or the connector. I'm gonna attempt to clean the connector.

Apologies if this is repeated from elsewhere...

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,453 Posts
I recently discovered BlueDriver doesn't read transmission fluid temp. I was doing a trans fluid level check on my 6T40 and part of that is checking with the fluid temp in a specific range. I contacted Bluedriver support weeks ago and never got a response. I tried contacting again this week and they just confirmed it does not read TFT but they are working on support for Chrysler and Toyota. No plans to add GM support. I found the lack of ability to add PIDs or lack of native support odd since the BlueDriver app is so well made. Torque reads it for just $5. Too bad GM didn't put TFT in the vehicle status pages in the DIC so the one guy in Michigan that wants to check his fluid level can save some time.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,762 Posts
I have Torque Pro, so if I need TFT, it should be there. Good to know, thanks!

Now that I have a 4x4 Xterra recently added to my fleet, I need to see if TFT is available for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts