Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This my first car with the leather interior and I want to keep it Fresh :D, my ? is what are you using to keep the leather seats and surrounding trim looking new,wipes,foam or spray, I like the Meguiar leather wipes and use them on my leather couches in my home. Also what wax/polish would you guys recommend, looking for something that won't turn the black trim white and carnuba based if possible ;)

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Malo, look into Lexol Leather Products. I understand it's a damn good product for leather. I just purchased some, but haven't tried it yet. :eek: They make a cleaner as well as a conditioner. Lexol can be found at Pep Boys and probably many other places.

Also, look into the Turtle Wax Ice Product line. They won't leave any white residue on our black parts. In fact, you can apply it directly to the black parts. I don't think it contains carnuba, though.

Another product you may want to try is 303 Aerospace Protectant. It will protect your dash from UV damage.

A simple Google search will bring up all these products for you.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys, yeah Tinting the windows is high on my list of things to do, and that nasty front lic plate :mad:

·
Registered
21 Posts
THE GOOD STUFF!

Zaino Bros Z-10 Leather in a Bottle for your seats
Zaino Bros Z-2Pro Paint Polish or CS (Clear Seal) for your paint
Zaino Bros Z-8 Grand Finale detail spray for express detailing
303 Aerospace Protantant for the tires - or - Zaino Bros Z-16 Perfect Tire Gloss
Meguair's Gold Class Instant Wheel Cleaner
Rejex Soil Barrier/Stain Resistant Protectant for your wheels
Stoner's Invisible Glass - or - Zaino Bros Z-12 Clear-view Glass Polish - or - Meguair's NXT Glass Cleaner

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks Guys, yeah Tinting the windows is high on my list of things to do, and that nasty front lic plate :mad:
Just tinted my windows yesterday on my white 09 LS. What a difference a few hours make. Only thing is I noticed a small bubble and scratch on the passenger side. I know that they'll never be perfect but I'm going back tomorrow just the same.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Just tinted my windows yesterday on my white 09 LS. What a difference a few hours make. Only thing is I noticed a small bubble and scratch on the passenger side. I know that they'll never be perfect but I'm going back tomorrow just the same.
Bubbles right after you get it done is okay, hence the reason you want that period to not roll down the windows. It needs a little bit to "dry" out. If it is still there in like 2 weeks, then I would worry... Although, that scratch is obviously not normal. Lol

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I use Meguir's NXT Wax, Meguiar's leather wipes, and toothpaste on the headlights!
Ouch!!! DOA, toothpaste on the lights :eek: NXT is all you need on the headlights ;) never heard of TP on headlights, do you use paste or gel, some pastes can be really gritty.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Meguires NXT 2.0 Wax is the best wax I have used for the money.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Ouch!!! DOA, toothpaste on the lights :eek: NXT is all you need on the headlights ;) never heard of TP on headlights, do you use paste or gel, some pastes can be really gritty.

Actually I can't find the link anymore, but I was reading once, and tried it out and it worked quite well.

You are correct TP is abrasive, HOWEVER it is not so abrasive that it will scratch the lens if applied "gently" what it does do is it helps to fill in scratches better than wax does on headlights. I don't know all the technicalities on this, but on my previous 05' GP the headlight's were getting really bad from all the highway driving I did so I gave it a shot and low and behold it worked really well.

Just apply by hand, not with a power waxer, and buff off. I used to do about 3 coats of regular TP not gel, and it would work quite well.

Just some food for thought!

OH on this topic of maintenance....

What do people use for power waxers?????

I have a 10", 12" and 6" I use. I apply with the 10" and buff out with the 12" BUT for the sides of the car I use my 6" and change pads. I have the side body mouldings and using a 10" or 12" is just too cumbersome, and I find the 6" keeps it nice and tight and clean.

Just curious what others use.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I can take some pic's of them for you....Like I said I found different sizes the best approach.

My waxing process is something like this:

Hood, Trunk, and Top of car: Apply wax by hand doing only about 2 square feet at a time. Remove with 10" Random Orbit Waxer. Buff with 12" Random Orbit Waxer. Complete entire surface, than buff again with 12" in on continious action.

Doors, Fenders, Bumpers:
Apply wax by hand, remove with 6" random orbit waxer and than buff with 6" random orbit waxer. Once entire panel is complete buff with 10" Random Orbit Waxer. Use 6" where needed to buff hard to reach places.

I will take some pics soon (it's still damn cold up here) and post them for you.

Cheers,

·
Registered
193 Posts
Folks may also want to consider the clay bar. The results are really amazing. You'll never realize how much crud is on your paint until you try the clay bar. I also recommend a fresh coat of wax AFTER the clay bar.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.