Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing some research on the web, I found Aquapel, and highly recommend it to you guys!

http://www.raysandsglass.com/Product-Services/aquapel-us-sales.htm?gclid=CL6rq5WgmZMCFSi9Igod0lgSrA

I ordered a case of 24 to split with my Dad and Uncle. Now RainX puts a film on the windshield so the beads of rain wash off. Anyone who has used it knows that your wipers will eventually wipe it off. Aquapel actually binds with the surface of the glass and lasts up to 8 months! You can even use your wipers.

Installation is easy and when I was driving in the rain earlier in the week, anything above 40mph and the rain just rolls off.

Here's a great comparison of the two products. I recommend the case of 24 to be split amongst friends because then its the cheapest.

http://www.jwardell.com/mini/2006/04/11/rain-x-vs-aquapel/

·
Registered
51 Posts
After doing some research on the web, I found Aquapel, and highly recommend it to you guys!

http://www.raysandsglass.com/Product-Services/aquapel-us-sales.htm?gclid=CL6rq5WgmZMCFSi9Igod0lgSrA

I ordered a case of 24 to split with my Dad and Uncle. Now RainX puts a film on the windshield so the beads of rain wash off. Anyone who has used it knows that your wipers will eventually wipe it off. Aquapel actually binds with the surface of the glass and lasts up to 8 months! You can even use your wipers.

Installation is easy and when I was driving in the rain earlier in the week, anything above 40mph and the rain just rolls off.

Here's a great comparison of the two products. I recommend the case of 24 to be split amongst friends because then its the cheapest.

http://www.jwardell.com/mini/2006/04/11/rain-x-vs-aquapel/
That's awesome! Thanks for the info!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it harmful to the glass in any way?
Not from what I've seen. I just put it on my windshield. Now I made sure I gave it a really good coat, and used the entire application on just my windshield. That lead me to having to scrub the windshield with dry paper towel, but no damage. I was on the freeway at 70MPH in the rain, and didn't even have to use my wipers.

I highly recommend this stuff.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Can this stuff be picked up @ Target or the same? Would like to try one application prior to purchasing an entire box.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Can this stuff be picked up @ Target or the same? Would like to try one application prior to purchasing an entire box.
As a matter of fact the ad scanner at the top of the page is already pointing to a web page selling the Aquapel stuff, (As seen on TV).

I guess we need to be careful what we talk about around here, (if we were to get too many X's together we might start having s t r i pbots dancing up on the screen) . "Not that theres anything wrong with that". -and yes I purposly added the extra spaces.

DrD

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can buy it on amazon. I first bought 4 applications for $32 shipped...

I've yet to find a local chain that carries it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've had it on my car for several months now, and it works fantastic. My dad, uncle and I split a case of 24. My dad was driving home on the highway one day and the rain was so bad that cars were pulled off to the side of the road because they couldn't see. My dad never had to stop driving, or turn on his wipers. That's how well it worked.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
I've been doing this for years, but actually with polymer sealant typically for paint. But it works on everything, and if I can have the windows beading just the same, so be it.

Great to drive at speed and while everyone else's wipers are going full blast scraping the windshield to death, I never turn mine on aside from an occasional swipe to clean other gunk spraying around off.

Have been looking for something that's even better and made specifically for the windows, and this looks like the ticket. Especially since, lately, I've had issues with the polish/sealant not working properly on the glass. Can't wait to get an order of this stuff...and continue on with windows that blow water off themselves;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
It look like you can purchase the Aquapel at O'Reilly Auto Parts store for $14. Not sure of the quantity, though . . .

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Howdy everyone. Been away for a while :) Just wanted to let you all know that I washed my car on Saturday and the aquapel still makes the water bead up and slide off my windshield, and I'm on my original coat that I put on in April!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here is a second to Bucky's post. I put Aquapel on at the end of June and it is still working like a charm. Had the first snow today and it slid right off. The best part is I can drive when there is just that annoying mist and it beads up and rolls off the windshield. You can get Aquapel pretty cheap on Ebay.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Same here, even though I've only had it on 2 weeks. Clayed then polished the glass with a cleaner sealant (Optimum Poly-Seal) then on with the Aquapel. Worked perfectly, and the glass now is smooth as could be and any droplet of liquid just beads and rolls off cleanly.

Just what I hoped for;) I'll more than likely make it to my 3+ years and still have the same wipers as I never use them, ever. The norm for me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Same here, even though I've only had it on 2 weeks. Clayed then polished the glass with a cleaner sealant (Optimum Poly-Seal) then on with the Aquapel. Worked perfectly, and the glass now is smooth as could be and any droplet of liquid just beads and rolls off cleanly.

Just what I hoped for;) I'll more than likely make it to my 3+ years and still have the same wipers as I never use them, ever. The norm for me.
Anyone have a few applications that would be willing to sell to a lonely Canuak? :p

·
Registered
90 Posts
Zeev-The cheapest I have found is on Ebay for about $5-6 per application shipped. I priced it at a distributor here in town and they wanted about $20.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Found Aquapel on clearance at Target yesterday for $4.88. It was on an end cap with all the "As Seen on TV" stuff.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Thanks for sharing....I just may have to invest in some of this!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.