Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like someone tried to pry my rear door panel off but just managed to bend the belt molding in a few spots.

Does anyone have a diagram or know how to replace this? Kind of hard to see in the picture but the weather stripping is about 1/2in away from the window itself in spots.

I'm hoping that it's just the belt molding that's bent and not the door panel itself.. Thanks in advance for the help

*edit: This is for a 2017 Malibu

·
Registered
27 Posts
Roll the window all the way down and with a good grip, pull it straight up. It's held on with a rubber grip strip that has fingers inside that grip to the door metal and is along the entire length. It will certainly "curl" during removal so it'll be trash.

You can also use a bone tool - place it under the belt molding and twist to lift up a bit - then you can pull up and it'll be easier to come off.

A new one is installed by just aligning the part and pushing down against the rubber's resistance.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Roll the window all the way down and with a good grip, pull it straight up. It's held on with a rubber grip strip that has fingers inside that grip to the door metal and is along the entire length. It will certainly "curl" during removal so it'll be trash.

You can also use a bone tool - place it under the belt molding and twist to lift up a bit - then you can pull up and it'll be easier to come off.

A new one is installed by just aligning the part and pushing down against the rubber's resistance.

Hope this helps!
I really appreciate that, thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks like someone tried to pry my rear door panel off but just managed to bend the belt molding in a few spots.

Does anyone have a diagram or know how to replace this? Kind of hard to see in the picture but the weather stripping is about 1/2in away from the window itself in spots.

I'm hoping that it's just the belt molding that's bent and not the door panel itself.. Thanks in advance for the help

*edit: This is for a 2017 Malibu

View attachment 70630

View attachment 70632
I’ve heard of thieves that break in this way through the back to get around the alarm system and then they steal the driver airbags.. They are really expensive so they make a nice dollar when they are successful. Watch out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts