Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got a used 2008 Malibu LS V6, I need some help finding a solution so I replace the stock HU, but still retain the DIC info that is displayed thru my stock HU...

Is http://www.crutchfield.com/S-oxk3eCWGbmN/p_120993303/Chevy-Pontiac-Adapter-Package.html?tab=review my only option?

It hasn't gotten very good reviews.... and I'd really love to be able to put a 7" touchscreen DVD player in instead of a single din unit...

Are there other better quality units similar to this one out there? Is it possible to get the DIC info to display thru an aftermarket HU??

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a 2008 LTZ 3.6L v6, and my DIC information is underneath my speedo...

are you sure your DIC info is shown on the radio??

i would give crutchfeild a call. The problem with this is that the car is so new that no one has gotten a chance to really tear it apart and start developing solutions/DIY for audio stuff.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, the only thing on my dash besides gauges is my odometer... outside temp, trip meters, MPG's, avg speed, and tire pressures are all displayed thru my HU...

I realize that the car is newer there isn't a whole lot out for it but since the 09's are already out I would think there would be a few more options than just the one....

·
Registered
438 Posts
Your head unit on a 2008 Malibu displays everything except the odometer? I don't think you have a stock head unit then. Is it a Malibu Classic, or am I wrong in stating that all of the new design 2008 & 2009 DICs are in the dash not the head unit?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Your head unit on a 2008 Malibu displays everything except the odometer? I don't think you have a stock head unit then. Is it a Malibu Classic, or am I wrong in stating that all of the new design 2008 & 2009 DICs are in the dash not the head unit?
yea i believe he has the older style 08

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think it looks bad

Yeah I agree, it doesnt look very nice... and quite a few people complain that the lcd screen goes out quite often... granted they replace it for free... but still i dont wanna have to replace it every few months...

It doesnt have any badges except the V6 on the back.... owners manual says " Chevy Malibu Classic" .... trust me, I wish it displayed it on the dash... it would save me some $$ and its a real pain...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yeah I agree, it doesnt look very nice... and quite a few people complain that the lcd screen goes out quite often... granted they replace it for free... but still i dont wanna have to replace it every few months...

It doesnt have any badges except the V6 on the back.... owners manual says " Chevy Malibu Classic" .... trust me, I wish it displayed it on the dash... it would save me some $$ and its a real pain...
I'm not telling you to leave or trying to be mean when I say this, but I think your lack of response is likely because you are in the wrong place. 99% of the people here have the new style Malibu and thus have nothing to compare to what you're talking about. They haven't gone through this process, aren't thinking of going through it and simply can't go through it because they have a different car with a different design, head unit, DIC, configuration, etc. If there is a forum for the old design of Malibu's that's where I'd expect more knowledgable help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow... would've never guessed chevymalibuforumn.com wouldnt have an answer for a chevy malibu question :rolleyes:

I guess I'll stick to my audio forumns where people are helpfull :cool:

·
Registered
438 Posts
wow... would've never guessed chevymalibuforumn.com wouldnt have an answer for a chevy malibu question :rolleyes:

I guess I'll stick to my audio forumns where people are helpfull :cool:
People are very helpful here, but the name is deceiving. I'm just pointing out that the forum is devoted mostly to, and filled with members mostly owning the new style of Malibu, not the Classic or model years prior to 2008. It's not that people aren't willing or able to help you. It's because they don't have the same car as you and can't relate to the problem, compare to their equipment or recall a similar situation because it's a different car. Perhaps with enough time someone will have an answer, or you'll get lucky, but this is the reason for the lack of response that you called out.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I thought you were talking about the new style malibu's..

that screen combo that you posted should work fine, just go with it, your not gonna be able to find very much more, unless you want to build something yourself, which is going to be very difficult.

Sorry that we cannot be as helpful as you were hoping for, we thought you were talking about the new style malibu.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I believe they make aftermarket adapter modules that interface aftermarket radios with the OnStar/DIC systems. Try searching the other forums for the names, if I remember the manufacturers I'll post a link.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.