Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when i come to a stop at a light/sign and auto stop kicks on normally it leaves ac,radio etc on but occasionally it will kill all power for a split second as soon as I let off the break. Its not to big of a deal to me but when im listening to music through Bluetooth it gets annoying. It doesn't do this to often maybe 3-4 times a week sometimes it won't do it for a few weeks. Could this be the auxiliary battery not having enough voltage to keep them on or something else? Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is it on Eco Mode(green light illuminated after pressing the snowflake button a couple times)? Before I got my Auto stop deleted I have a vague memory of the car completely shutting off including the battery when it auto stopped in eco mode.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Huh, I just recently had my autostop deleted via the Trifecta tune - but when I drove with it on I never had it cut the power to the stereo.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
Aux battery in the trunk runs stereo, wipers, etc. when in auto stop mode. Bad or under charged aux battery would cause stereo to stop but a message and code should pop up if battery is dead.
There is a module that controls power flow to aux battery, can't remember it's name right now but if it has issues codes should be stored in the system.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,692 Posts
There is a module that controls power flow to aux battery, can't remember it's name right now
I think that would be the battery fuse block module. For those that replaced an old aux battery and still had issues that fixed. Codes can point to it if there are any. I'd link a part number but it is year dependant and the subject car here is a secret.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It doesn't pop up any codes. When im stopped and the engine is "off" my radio will stay on alone with everything else but the second I let my foot off the brake the power to everything (radio, gauges, air, lights etc) flickers off then back on. I have no codes/lights. Ive hooked up to a scan tool to see if maybe the code would come up when the power flickered but the scanner loses signal since the power flickers. That car has no tunes etc. Stock. And this is the only problem I've ever had with the car since I got it new. Its a 2015 1lt 103k miles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does anyone know if a 2015 ltz screen will work in a 2015 lt. I know its the same fitment but I was curious if since the ltz has the shortcut buttons on each side if any wiring is different. And would the navigation work. My screen has become unresponsive so navigating with the knobs has gotten annoying, especially when im used to touching the screen. Would the navigation work. My lt has the button for navigation it just doesn't let me do anything with it.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,242 Posts
@Blakewalker

The post above was moved from a new thread since it is very closely associated with this issue, plus it also supplies the year and trim that you never shared until now.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,692 Posts
Awesome. I'm not a rich guy. Wonder how I can get it on the cheap. Any ideas?
The Trifecta tune is VIN specific so the only source is through their website. In the past they have run a cyber Monday/Black Friday sale that is up to 30% off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sometimes when i come to a stop at a light/sign and auto stop kicks on normally it leaves ac,radio etc on but occasionally it will kill all power for a split second as soon as I let off the break. Its not to big of a deal to me but when im listening to music through Bluetooth it gets annoying. It doesn't do this to often maybe 3-4 times a week sometimes it won't do it for a few weeks. Could this be the auxiliary battery not having enough voltage to keep them on or something else? Thanks.
This happened to me and it was the alternator which took out the AGM Battery that works the Drive assist.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts