Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone i have a chevy malibu 2018 i took my car for a air mass sensor replacement because my engine light came on and they offered me a fuel cleaning system. Since that day my car hasn’t been the same every time my car is on autostop at a red light as soon as i let go of the break my car shakes a lil and i feel like it takes it a few seconds to go even if im pressing the gas pedal. So today i was at a red light and when it turned green i try to go and i saw that the tachometer was on off but the lights were still on everything was on even the radio. I had to turn off my car and turn it back on for it to work this never happened before. Any advice?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,910 Posts
My first guess is the mass air flow was a result of troubleshooting and a best guess solution. Possible something else was going on and still is. Do you still have the paperwork for that mass airflow sensor replacement? Do you see a fault code listed on it?

My other guess is the battery itself. The age isn't necessarily a problem - it's on the shorter end of the 3-5 year average life - but they may have disconnected the negative before replacing the mass air flow sensor. Perhaps it isn't tight.

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
5,543 Posts
After you check the battery like campb292 said, take it back to the shop and show a technician what you're describing to us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.