Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I put the car in reverse, the picture is all black, except for the safety warning.
It had been working intermittently for a few days, but now hasn't worked at all for 5 days.
Does anyone have any tips to diagnose? Does anyone have locations and pinouts of the connectors of this system?
This is in a 2013 Malibu LT.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
When I put the car in reverse, the picture is all black, except for the safety warning.
It had been working intermittently for a few days, but now hasn't worked at all for 5 days.
Does anyone have any tips to diagnose? Does anyone have locations and pinouts of the connectors of this system?
This is in a 2013 Malibu LT.
Thanks,
Mike
We have the same model..I posted a lot of stuff here: http://www.chevymalibuforum.com/forums/169-how-generation-8/81025-generation-8-radio-misc-wiring-diagrams-pinout.html

Good luck. Probably a loose/corroded wire in the back near the camera though....CPS

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you get a fix for this? I have the same issue on 2013 Malibu Eco. When shifting to Reverse, MyLink gives a black screen, backup guidelines, but with a "Rear vision system unavailable" message

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did u ever figure out why it was doing this????
I been online trying to figure out this issues on the car and no luck. However I did figured it out. For some reason IT get stuck on blackscreen. All you gota do is disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and problem solved.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I been online trying to figure out this issues on the car and no luck. However I did figured it out. For some reason IT get stuck on blackscreen. All you gota do is disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and problem solved.....
Hello, I have a question. As I was driving my car everything was working great. I stopped for gas, as I was driving away I notice my camera had gone black and none of my gauges (AC, Heater or defrosters) worked. If I disconnect my battery will I have to reset my settings?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,852 Posts
Hello, I have a question. As I was driving my car everything was working great. I stopped for gas, as I was driving away I notice my camera had gone black and none of my gauges (AC, Heater or defrosters) worked. If I disconnect my battery will I have to reset my settings?
Yes. Personalization settings will be lost.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes. Personalization settings will be lost.
Just wanted to give you all an update on my 2015 Malibu, regarding 'Black Screen'. I did as per your suggestions on disconnecting my battery for 10 mins. The only thing that changed was, my heater & A/C started to work. I have no idea as to the temp in my car cause the screen is still black. I decided to take it to the dealership (Dec 3, 2019). This cost me $200 to diagnose (this amt would be deducted from the cost to repair). Apparently an internal module when out in my Malibu. The module alone cost $1205 + $720 labor (total $1925). My car is still there and maybe I will get it back next week. I called Chevy Manufacturing Dept. and explained to them what happened. Thinking maybe, since the problem is internal and I have less than 32,000 miles, maybe the module would be covered under some kind of warranty. They called the dealership and lowered the price $200. Also, I receive email coupon from the Chevy Dealership, I have a coupon for 15% off on any work done (an add'l $259 discount). I just wanted to share my experience and I Happy Holidays.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just wanted to give you all an update on my 2015 Malibu, regarding 'Black Screen'. I did as per your suggestions on disconnecting my battery for 10 mins. The only thing that changed was, my heater & A/C started to work. I have no idea as to the temp in my car cause the screen is still black. I decided to take it to the dealership (Dec 3, 2019). This cost me $200 to diagnose (this amt would be deducted from the cost to repair). Apparently an internal module when out in my Malibu. The module alone cost $1205 + $720 labor (total $1925). My car is still there and maybe I will get it back next week. I called Chevy Manufacturing Dept. and explained to them what happened. Thinking maybe, since the problem is internal and I have less than 32,000 miles, maybe the module would be covered under some kind of warranty. They called the dealership and lowered the price $200. Also, I receive email coupon from the Chevy Dealership, I have a coupon for 15% off on any work done (an add'l $259 discount). I just wanted to share my experience and I Happy Holidays.
Holy cow, 2 grand for a backup camera

1 - 9 of 9 Posts