Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I have a 2009 Chevy Malibu LTZ 2.4
And there is a safety recall for the third center stop light And a brake pedal position sensor malfunction Before I bought the car someone had already took it to the dealership and supposedly they fixed it however I’ve had a car for eight months within the first week my wife got in there and started back out of the driveway and it went limp mode low power so she pulled over and when I got off work took a new ground wire in new battery terminals and start it up and that seem to fix the problem for the low power however the third brake light is constantly on already inspected the wire itself and the connector there’s nothing noticeable no defects there now I am looking at the wiring harness itself and I noticed there was a bear wire running into the connector and out of the connector something tells me that it’s not supposed to be that way but anyways let me see what you guys think also I have already replace the pedal position sensor three times in the last two weeks And so now I’m currently tracing all the wires to the pedal position sensor and I’m just going to rewire myself see if that fixes it
Electrical wiring Cable Electrical supply Gas Wire
Electrical wiring Cable Electrical supply Gas Wire

· Premium Member
1,435 Posts
The Center brake light constantly on is probably freeting corrosion at the BCM. I have had this issue a couple of times. When it happens I pull the connectors off and replace them a few times to clean the terminals and then put dielectric grease on the connector before I put the connector back on for the final time.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Center brake light constantly on is probably freeting corrosion at the BCM. I have had this issue a couple of times. When it happens I pull the connectors off and replace them a few times to clean the terminals and then put dielectric grease on the connector before I put the connector back on for the final time.
All right so I have a pulled the C2 connector from the BCM apart already and I looked at the connector it already had the electrical grease on it unfortunately I don’t have any with me but I may have to go to the park so he can get some I’ve tried to install three different brake pedal position sensors I have a launch for 31 pro V and I did the brake pedal position sensor recalibration as instructed and I’m still getting the code for brake pedal position sensor fault low circuit high range and also getting ebcm Fault system disabled invalid serial data Nina I also switched my brake light bulbs out for new LED lightbulbs just a minute ago the brakes are still not coming on at all the third center light is still not coming on I’m getting kind of pissed because I have to be at work like yesterday is there a way I can why are these the lights up to bypass the whole position sensor right now

· Premium Member
3,514 Posts
On my old '09 my center brake light was erratically working. I found poor or ''cold solder'' joints in the light itself. BCM controls all the brake lights when I moved its connector around. I managed to fix the joints as I'm cheap even though it's a pain to pull out the rear package shelf to get to it and check for power to also.
The grease just seals the connector connections, it doesn't clean them. Use a dedicated electronic cleaner / lubricant instead in any connector that you have apart. I use DeOxit on all my stuff.
Clean all the BCM connectors and the brake pedal sensor one also. Did you use a GM pedal sensor, any aftermarket sensors are not reliable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.