Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Malibu RS. Just started with the steering assist reduced warning and the little shake in the steering wheel at restart from start / stop. The car is at 50,000 miles right now. Battery time?

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
I have a 2019 Malibu RS. Just started with the steering assist reduced warning and the little shake in the steering wheel at restart from start / stop. The car is at 50,000 miles right now. Battery time?
Could be, get it load tested to be sure. AGM batteries are not cheap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Battery on my car is dead...2019 Malibu LS with 50,000 miles. Drove it yesterday and got the steering assist warning but otherwise seemed ok. I have an appointment for Thursday to have it checked. Looks like it is the battery. One auto part store I called told me it needs to be changed by a professional? I have always done my own in the past. The video looks like more steps but do I really need to have it done in a shop?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
4,105 Posts
I moved your previous posts into your new discussion.

You can change the battery yourself. I did mine, painless. It is more work that many older cars but typical for a modern car. Like Repairman said above, the AGM are a bit more pricey. The OE 48AGM runs about $160.

Reactions: Fred

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I moved your previous posts into your new discussion.

You can change the battery yourself. I did mine, painless. It is more work that many older cars but typical for a modern car. Like Repairman said above, the AGM are a bit more pricey. The OE 48AGM runs about $160.
Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts